Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My First Vid on the Forum

Looks good! One thing I noticed, and I see this a lot, is where the yawing is so fast you can't get a good look at the area you are filming. Smooth, consistent yawing is nice but not as easy to do as one would think. On my Phantom I use a "yaw switch" that slows the yaw down with resistors. I also adjust the sticks by unscrew it some and then locking it there with lower section. That will assist you in smooth yaws. Some people use a small card with a cutout to placed over the stick to help them keep it steady.

Overall, a nice video. I noticed there are lots of navigational hazards there... power poles in the water? :D

Thanks for the tip. Too tight for my taste on takeoff ( park trees, light posts, bathroom bldg. ) on 2nd part of vid but I wanted to get the area from that perspective also. One thing that was a little unnerving is that the bird is a people magnet. From that same area I had one frenchman following me around during the whole flight and as the flight was in progress, folks started gathering. Made me choose an alternate spot for landing. I'm keeping a log of each flight noting anything that is peculiar to each flight.
Thanks again for posting.

Thanks for the tip. Too tight for my taste on takeoff ( park trees, light posts, bathroom bldg. ) on 2nd part of vid but I wanted to get the area from that perspective also. One thing that was a little unnerving is that the bird is a people magnet. From that same area I had one frenchman following me around during the whole flight and as the flight was in progress, folks started gathering. Made me choose an alternate spot for landing. I'm keeping a log of each flight noting anything that is peculiar to each flight.
Thanks again for posting.
I think it's a pretty good video Bob. I'm jealous of the area.

Nice video,, thanks for sharing
I did notice some jello towards the end, have you balanced your props, , if not, i definitly think it would help !!
You will need to buy a special balancing rod for yunnec props in order to balance them.... like 15 bucks !!
Good luck and may slow yawing be your friend .!!!

Yeah bob, like LuvMyTJ said, slooooooow yaw is best for video.....I slider the rate control knob to turtle and even then ,, only move the yaw stick very little.....
takes some practice ( I still am ) but it gets easy.!
I have a very good Dubro prop balancer and the special Yuneec balancing rod and I can tell you it makes a difference !!! Granted these Yuneec props dont need much balancing but every little bit helps !!

http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-Products-Quadcopter-Balancer-Shaft/dp/B00WOZH3RM/ref=sr_1_10?
ie=UTF8&qid=1452872161&sr=8-10&keywords=du+bro+prop+balancer

http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-499-Tr...52872161&sr=8-1&keywords=du+bro+prop+balancer

Cant wait to see the video you post of your Q in watch me mode as you bike ride along the Indian River.... It looks amazing !!!!!;)

Yeah bob, like LuvMyTJ said, slooooooow yaw is best for video.....I slider the rate control knob to turtle and even then ,, only move the yaw stick very little.....
takes some practice ( I still am ) but it gets easy.!
I have a very good Dubro prop balancer and the special Yuneec balancing rod and I can tell you it makes a difference !!! Granted these Yuneec props dont need much balancing but every little bit helps !!

Amazon.com: Du-Bro Products 5mm Quadcopter Prop Balancer Shaft: Toys & Games
ie=UTF8&qid=1452872161&sr=8-10&keywords=du+bro+prop+balancer

http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-499-Tr...52872161&sr=8-1&keywords=du+bro+prop+balancer

Cant wait to see the video you post of your Q in watch me mode as you bike ride along the Indian River.... It looks amazing !!!!!;)
Hey Bee,
Thanks for the links. I'll get on that today.
Don't know if there will ever be follow me on River Road but let me take you on one of my Cocoa rides I shot a while back.
From Cocoa, going north then south. Start Lee Wenner Park which you saw at the beginning of the aerial vid.
Riders from all over central Florida. ( CRABS..CrustyRetiredAllBentSociety )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval