Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need Help From A Raw Photo Editor!!!

The link I provided for the Able RAWer tool above is an OK conversion program allowing you to import/manipulate and convert your dng files to several different formats.

What is the next best thing to LightRoom? I've seen some comparisons and reviews of Elements, would that be worth the investment?
Lightroom is primarily a cataloguing tool and RAW processor, it is easy to learn (though I would advise a good book) It is worth remembering that a RAW file, is just that, a file of data, it is not an image at this point unlike a Jpeg or Tiff etc. This means that all the data captured by the camera can be adjusted and whats more it does not degrade the image (unless you go mad with the sliders). So, Lightroom can change the white balance, it can adjust the original exposure, adjust highlights, shadows, contrast, blacks etc. You can adjust the vibrance or saturation and clarity (clarity adjust is very useful). You can mess with hue and saturation. On top of all that you can crop, rotate, do spot removal, use an adjustment brush for local adjustments etc.

I am not familiar with Elements so can't comment too much and not sure if you can edit DNG or not. Its big brother photoshop has Bridge with it which can most of what LR can do.
With elements you can use layers which are usefel for local adjustments or multiple exposures but I don't think you can use adjustment layers.
I can say that Lightroom has become standard for many photographers and some find they don't need anything else, I prefer to do RAW adjustments in LR and then export into photoshop.

Sorry if my post has not been too helpful, if I was a photographer and could only choose either elements or lightroom I would go lightroom. If you envisage more manipulation get elements.

Reactions: horizontal
Will it auto put them into different "filtered" templates? I just want the original raw photo, untouched? Thank you OTR!

I just thought I could load my raw file to pc then put it into photo shop and edit it, not use a middle man so to speak! Thanks OTR and all, you have been very helpful and I do appreciate all!

Will it auto put them into different "filtered" templates? I just want the original raw photo, untouched? Thank you OTR!
Well you will get the original untouched DNG for sure. The thing with LR is when you edit a RAW image it is not creating another image anyway, all it is doing is recording your changes to the original and giving you a preview of what it looks like. So it is very memory friendly that way, that means you can make unlimited changes. You can save different versions but effectively all you have is the original image with some data. It is only when you export it out and save it to another format like Tiff or Jpeg that it actually creates a new file.

I just thought I could load my raw file to pc then put it into photo shop and edit it, not use a middle man so to speak! Thanks OTR and all, you have been very helpful and I do appreciate all!
If you actually have the full version of Photoshop then you can, it will open in Adobe Bridge which is a RAW editor like LR

If you actually have the full version of Photoshop then you can, it will open in Adobe Bridge which is a RAW editor like LR
Thanks to you ALL ! I have cracked one code, but now I can't load all my dng files into the program, but I am a bulldog! and will fight this to the end ! LOL ! Thanks All!

Wow... that's both a self serving answer and a incorrect answer. Using something like lightroom is the equivillant to the digital darkroom, and it's part of the professional workflow.

As for the right tool to edit the stills that the CGO3+ shoots? Lightroom is the professionals choice. DaVinci Resolve is a video editing and color correction suite and while it can process photos that's not what its designed to do.
PowerDirector 7 Ultras works real good, and they give you a free 30 Day trial, no Credit Card needed, I am trying it now and seems good and easy to use

Reactions: AFM Publisher
Don't see many people ever trying to capitalize on these type forums except when they design and create a useful product that the majority would find beneficial. For DC' questions, YouTube is your friend for tutorials etc I'm sure he know this, also the best thing is it's free!. I view these forums as a community to share excitement and disappointment in the H and get answers and possibly offer help if I have reasonable knowledge on the topic. Soliciting doesn't fit the spirit of a community imo.

You definitely do not need to pay anyone to hold your hand! Just keep on like you're doing, it's pretty hard at first, then it gets a little better each time. For reference, I use PowerDirector 14 for videos and Lightroom/Photoshop on the cloud for photos. There is a learning curve for sure, but as was said, there are tons of tutorials on YouTube.

No one is soliciting, by asking for advice on a program to make the shortfalls of a shady H camera make picture outcomes better!, My granddaddy always told me, if you don't want or like to hear something, don't listen or read it!!!. That is why this forum has many topics! Read the TITLE if it doesn't interest you, don't read it! Simple, and let others continue to learn more! Because there is a whole lot more to learn about the "H" than the "H" itself! ! Don't know why some people let such little things into big issues and bother them !:rolleyes:
I wasn't referring to you. The other comments were deleted by moderator.

I wasn't referring to you. The other comments were deleted by moderator.
Forgive me then my friend! I did not see that post! My mistake! My wrong! Thought you didn't like my discussion about how to fix and edit the camera on the H quality, Except My Apology, and I will retract my statement my friend!;)

Reactions: Markinter
No one is soliciting, by asking for advice on a program to make the shortfalls of a shady H camera make picture outcomes better!, My granddaddy always told me, if you don't want or like to hear something, don't listen or read it!!!. That is why this forum has many topics! Read the TITLE if it doesn't interest you, don't read it! Simple, and let others continue to learn more! Because there is a whole lot more to learn about the "H" than the "H" itself! ! Don't know why some people let such little things become big issues and bother them so much , after all the forum is NOT JUST FOR YOU !:rolleyes:
No worries. Posts 31, 32 and 33 were all responses to deleted comments.

FYI - one of the administrators had to clean the thread. That's unfortunate.

Lets treat each other with respect... remember we are here for the same reason, the love of aerial photography with your Yuneec.
Feel free to debate but do it in a non confrontational way.

Unknown.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech