Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New 5.8 antenna, certainly seems better, especially for video - 4 patch 14dbi supposedly -- $16

Hold up now! Aren't we talking about a Receiving antenna for video, not a radiator (transmitting) antenna? Does Part 15.204 apply here?
So could we run a dual antenna and comply?

It really is not that difficult.
It's never that simple when it comes to the government. Would dual antennas comply? If anyone puts a Yuneec label on any antenna, most of us would not research and test the antenna to see if it's the same as the one that was authorized.

Placing all of the burden on the consumer and almost none on the manufacturers and the government is the absurd part of this equation. I'm not implying that your arguments aren't sound except that it's simple to comply.

Do we as responsible citizens turn ourselves in every time we speed or do we drive responsibly with a grace period of 5 mph? The statutes/regulations/rules are there to catch the bad apples. What invariably occurs is that those trying to comply are the ones typically punished. The present gov't will always come up with more regs only to produce more revenue for the gov't to produce more gov't to produce more regs!

My point is that those of us on here are doing a good job of trying to fly responsibly. I'll guarantee that not one flier when they first started didn't break the laws. No one researched every aspect of every regulation before doing their first flight and then seeing if that was how every department interpreted those regulations.

I called and talked to the FAA hotline on numerous issues. I got to know the only guy that answers that line. He's an extremely down to earth guy. He admitted that even he doesn't know how to interpret the regs.

There's always going to be a good group of guys like us on this forum that are trying to be responsible fliers. If the gov't wanted to take us down they will either find a way or they will fabricate one!

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrecker
I've said all I can say. I've quoted the rules. You are being purposefully obtuse for the sake of sustaining an argument. Don't change the antenna on your stuff. It really is that easy.

I've said all I can say. I've quoted the rules. You are being purposefully obtuse for the sake of sustaining an argument. Don't change the antenna on your stuff. It really is that easy.
As I previously stated, I'm not arguing to be obtuse. I think for those that know me on this forum will admit I can be very obtuse but this is not the case this time.

I'm stating that the gov't sucks and their concern is not for the safety of the citizens or helping us to be better more responsible fliers. They presently exist to get $, make more gov't and make more regs to make more gov't, $ and regs.

You're missing the point being made through being "obtuse".

Except the government "sucking" has nothing to do with the legality of using aftermarket antennas on -art 15 certified devices.
Then who wrote those regulations?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlife