Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware release confirmed !

It's still the last update on the website. .23 on the ST 16. Check your versions with the controller settings window to see where you are. If it's flying fine and you're happy I'd leave it alone as a lot of us experienced problems after the last firmware updates and do hope the new rumored firmware here is ready soon, properly tested, and more stable. I like the camera settings added to the trim controls so I am using the latest firmware. I have a new TH coming today so I'm hoping that it behaves and if it is, I'm jumping on a second for the new price.

Thanks for the response. It was delivered this afternoon so I have not fired up the ST 16 yet, I just checked make sure the whole order was there. I purchased it from Best Buy who had to have it shipped since there weren't any in our area.

Did you buy it directly from Yuneec? Because if you bought it from a retailer while it is still brand new it could have been sitting on the shelf for months. You could be a couple updates behind. If you buy directly from Yuneec I wounder if they check and update the firmware before they ship them?

Bought it from Best Buy who didn't have it in stock in this part of FL so they shipped it from another store. Will check the controller to see what version I have as suggested by CraigCam. I have been reading about the H here on the forum doing fine out of the box then having issues once the update is done.

I'm still running the original firmware on an aircraft delivered at the beginning of June. My argument was to wait my time before updating to see if there were any issues. Several update releases down the line I'm still waiting!

Reactions: QuadBart
Rhino,
As of this writing, the current firmware is as follows:
Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STDv03.01.b23
Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STDGimbal:v1.22, Autopilot:v1.28, Camera:v3.2.16

This is what you should see if you are preloaded with the current firmware.
I just checked and the new release is NOT up on the Yuneec site Downloads - Yuneec
as of yet.
Fly safe

Got everything back and flying. So far so good. First test using CCC behaved better than before. This weekend I'm flying the area where problems first surfaced. Yuneec was really on top of this replacement.

Glad it all worked out for you. Fly safe.

Is there someplace that lists the changes or fixes in each update? I sure would like to know what updates are supposed to do before I install them.

Is there someplace that lists the changes or fixes in each update? I sure would like to know what updates are supposed to do before I install them.

Changes are listed on the yuneec.com on the download page under the details, then click on whats new PDF. This is where you go to get the firmware update also

When I bought my typhoon h pro last month I had issue with landing gear not going up when flying.I tried everything that was on forum on how to make it work without dissembling it .finally I found just a few words someone had posted somewhere while searching quote. I thought I posted this in my thread remove battery from th hold down power button for about 30 seconds release button reinstall fresh battery and power it up as normal.I did it and went straight to working and still works now .so thanks to whoever posted that where ever it was

My H is flying perfectly with the last version. I am going to wait and see what is in the new upgrade and let others test it before I upgrade mine.
My H is flying perfectly, so I'll hold off on the upgrade for a minute till I hear everyone's responses. Dancing on the cutting edge can cause severe BLEEDING!

Decided to go ahead and do the upgrade since others were not reporting problems. Everything went just fine, no problems at all. She flies great. Love the new features but I have not been able to test them all yet. It is very windy here now.

My H is flying perfectly, so I'll hold off on the upgrade for a minute till I hear everyone's responses. Dancing on the cutting edge can cause severe BLEEDING!
I still haven't updated but I will start after this post. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the new update. Riverrunner jump in the water is fine.

Not 'everyone' has a problem. I've been flying my H for a few months now (with different firmware versions) and can't fault it. There seem to be a few members with some issues, but let's also remember that there are many more out there that have no such issues and are probably too busy flying to spend time on the forums...
I too have been flying my H for a while with no problems but last week I took off in angle mode and when the H got to 5 metres altitude , it went completely out of control flying backwards and crashing into a public building at top speed 100 metres away . This building was on the edge of the park I was flying in , if it had not crashed there , it would have smashed into there surrounding houses causing a lot of damage or even worse . The only thing that I had time to notice was that at 5 metres (alt ) the LED started to flash .... purple- red .... purple - red etc.No matter what I did , the controls had no effect !

I too have been flying my H for a while with no problems but last week I took off in angle mode and when the H got to 5 metres altitude , it went completely out of control flying backwards and crashing into a public building at top speed 100 metres away . This building was on the edge of the park I was flying in , if it had not crashed there , it would have smashed into there surrounding houses causing a lot of damage or even worse . The only thing that I had time to notice was that at 5 metres (alt ) the LED started to flash .... purple- red .... purple - red etc.No matter what I did , the controls had no effect !
Yikes....

Currently on the latest firmware, and have done two batts worth of flying with no issues, have tried burst shot panorama mode and dng and jpeg dual shot, H is rock solid on a hover at 50mtres, all in all things are looking good, H is ram packed with features, yuneec are listening and working hard, it's all good for me [emoji106]
Just don't forget to watch the install video an be sure to clear the app data [emoji106]

I flew area that twice knocked out compass in the past and started drift problems. With my fixed H and current firmware all is very stable and I shot the sun setting for over 5 mins of rock solid hover that is tighter then original flights with original firmware. I'm still going to err on the side of calibrating my compass more often than not. Now anyone have some decent software suggestions to put panoramas together?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79