Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New H plus Questions-impressions-thoughts

Reaction score
Was finally able to give the new plus a good run through today, burned up 4 batteries testing functions. What follows is some thought, impressions and questions, some possibly good, some bad, and a few most certainly stupid...but, feel free to chime in if you’d like:

This craft is worlds apart from the H, no question much more refined. I have noticed that when turning the bird the camera/gimble seem to have a delay in catching up with the turn or movement, is that normal? In other words, rotating the plus 120 degrees say, to the right, the camera makes it there a half second later...normal? Though looking back at the footage I shot there doesn’t appear to be much delay and it looks smooth. Wondering if that just the larger motors, more powerful and maybe overpowers the gimble. I know there’s obviously delayed effect when actually stopping the bird in sport mode, and angle to some extent.

Need to get used to using these sticks, craft seems choppy when they are fully positioned in between like full forward and full left for example, almost kind of stuttering. Full ahead it’s smooth, full left it’s smooth, full or partial forward and left and it kinda stutters, not sure if thats normal and maybe I’m just not used to action. I’d love to be able to deaden the stick response a bit but I don’t believe there’s a function for that?

Why does c23 SD card break up videos into separate folders, and what’s inbetween each video, or above/below it in their respective folder?

Why is 4K barely playable on my computer using c23 but I could play the same resolution on my same computer using my CGO3+. Likewise with 2.7k, which plays better than the 4K image but it skips frames throughout. I understand the processing power of a computer dictates what I’m able to see/play, but I could play the same resolution videos with my CGO3+‘s

CCC, (love this feature) created a route and ran it about 8 times, there’s a radius of 7-8 feet of where the drone hits that specific recorded point, I’m guessing that’s about as good as it get? It stuck a few points dead on but a couple it seemed way off. We just have to live with that right? Additionally, I thought that the pressure put on the left stick (back for starting at end of route/forward stick at start of route) dictates how fast the plus actually flys the route? Mine ran pretty fast each route no matter the amount of pressure I put on moving the stick to start. The rate slider didn’t participate in the speed as that’s the speed of the camera pan when it’s switch is in its lowest position on st16, correct? Is there something I’m unaware of that’ll control the speed of the craft, I’d love to fly it slower for smooth(er) action. And does anyone else get a little unnerved when it’s flying itself with trees around, feels like it has a mind of its own sometimes.

A few times I’ve noticed when using a sandisk 32gb u3 rated card, the drone says “no sd card”. I had to take it out and reinsert it again. Happened today and once yesterday (2x out of about 10).

What is anti flickering 50 and 60 HZ?

What’s histogram used for?

What’s coded format H.264 and H.265?

All in all I felt great about the craft today and was happy I got some quality time to learn it a bit. I do have a question about video flicker but will post in general discussion, this post is long enough.

Thanks for any feedback.

**Edit...after watching ty’s video again: to slow cc mission pull back slowly DURING the mission, not before like I thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
Welcome to H+ land. I love mine.

I suggest spending some time with the augmented manual available in this thread:

Much more detailed and an all around improvement over the stock manual.

Why is 4K barely playable on my computer using c23 but I could play the same resolution on my same computer using my CGO3+. Likewise with 2.7k, which plays better than the 4K image but it skips frames throughout. I understand the processing power of a computer dictates what I’m able to see/play, but I could play the same resolution videos with my CGO3+‘s

While the resolution is the same the data rate is much higher from the C23's 1" sensor.

Consider this: You have 3 photos. All have the same identical picture/scene and resolution size. One is is jpg format another is in tiff format and the one is a "raw" or native unprocessed image from the camera. While the picture(s) have the same image content and it is the same "size", from a viewing (screen resolution) standpoint, the data size of each image will be vastly different with the jpg being the smallest, the tiff (depending on compression settings) being bigger and the raw being the biggest. All that extra data has to be processed by your computer before it can be viewed on your screen.

If you have the ability to shoot a 10 second scene with a CGO3+ and then shoot the same scene with the C23 camera you will see the C23 will produce a bigger file for the same amount of time since the data rate is higher for the C23.

And if that isn't enough to consider then you have the compression schemes that are employed by the camera to shrink the video file the camera is recording to a more manageable level:

H.264 and H.265 are compression schemes used for sizing down the ENORMUS data size that a 4K camera captures. H.265 is the newer of the 2 and has the benefit of either keeping the same visual quality while compressing to a smaller size than using H.264 or increasing the visual quality while keeping the same size as H.264. You do need added computer horsepower to take advantage of the H.265 compression algorithms to avoid skipping or dropped frames when playing back the video.

Last edited:
While the resolution is the same the data rate is much higher from the C23's 1" sensor.

Consider this: You have 3 photos. All have the same identical picture/scene and resolution size. One is is jpg format another is in tiff format and the one is a "raw" or native unprocessed image from the camera. While the picture(s) have the same image content and it is the same "size", from a viewing (screen resolution) standpoint, the data size of each image will be vastly different with the jpg being the smallest, the tiff (depending on compression settings) being bigger and the raw being the biggest. All that extra data has to be processed by your computer before it can be viewed on your screen.

If you have the ability to shoot a 10 second scene with a CGO3+ and then shoot the same scene with the C23 camera you will see the C23 will produce a bigger file for the same amount of time since the data rate is higher for the C23.

And if that isn't enough to consider then you have the compression schemes that are employed by the camera to shrink the video file the camera is recording to a more manageable level:

H.264 and H.265 are compression schemes used for sizing down the ENORMUS data size that a 4K camera captures. H.265 is the newer of the 2 and has the benefit of either keeping the same visual quality while compressing to a smaller size than using H.264 or increasing the visual quality while keeping the same size as H.264. You do need added computer horsepower to take advantage of the H.265 compression algorithms to avoid skipping or dropped frames when playing back the video.

Makes total sense, thank you.

Welcome to H+ land. I love mine.

I suggest spending some time with the augmented manual available in this thread:

Much more detailed and an all around improvement over the stock manual.

Im familiar with the manual and have read it a few times, doesn’t address all my questions, though some it does peripherally.

Was finally able to give the new plus a good run through today, burned up 4 batteries testing functions. What follows is some thought, impressions and questions, some possibly good, some bad, and a few most certainly stupid...but, feel free to chime in if you’d like:

This craft is worlds apart from the H, no question much more refined. I have noticed that when turning the bird the camera/gimble seem to have a delay in catching up with the turn or movement, is that normal? In other words, rotating the plus 120 degrees say, to the right, the camera makes it there a half second later...normal? Though looking back at the footage I shot there doesn’t appear to be much delay and it looks smooth. Wondering if that just the larger motors, more powerful and maybe overpowers the gimble. I know there’s obviously delayed effect when actually stopping the bird in sport mode, and angle to some extent.

Need to get used to using these sticks, craft seems choppy when they are fully positioned in between like full forward and full left for example, almost kind of stuttering. Full ahead it’s smooth, full left it’s smooth, full or partial forward and left and it kinda stutters, not sure if thats normal and maybe I’m just not used to action. I’d love to be able to deaden the stick response a bit but I don’t believe there’s a function for that?

Why does c23 SD card break up videos into separate folders, and what’s inbetween each video, or above/below it in their respective folder?

CCC, (love this feature) created a route and ran it about 8 times, there’s a radius of 7-8 feet of where the drone hits that specific recorded point, I’m guessing that’s about as good as it get? It stuck a few points dead on but a couple it seemed way off. We just have to live with that right? Additionally, I thought that the pressure put on the left stick (back for starting at end of route/forward stick at start of route) dictates how fast the plus actually flys the route? Mine ran pretty fast each route no matter the amount of pressure I put on moving the stick to start. The rate slider didn’t participate in the speed as that’s the speed of the camera pan when it’s switch is in its lowest position on st16, correct? Is there something I’m unaware of that’ll control the speed of the craft, I’d love to fly it slower for smooth(er) action. And does anyone else get a little unnerved when it’s flying itself with trees around, feels like it has a mind of its own sometimes.

A few times I’ve noticed when using a sandisk 32gb u3 rated card, the drone says “no sd card”. I had to take it out and reinsert it again. Happened today and once yesterday (2x out of about 10).

What is anti flickering 50 and 60 HZ?

What’s histogram used for?

All in all I felt great about the craft today and was happy I got some quality time to learn it a bit. I do have a question about video flicker but will post in general discussion, this post is long enough.

Thanks for any feedback.

**Edit...after watching ty’s video again: to slow cc mission pull back slowly DURING the mission, not before like I thought.
I think there's a file size limitation for the video clips because of the card formatting, which I believe is FAT32 but I'm not sure. Yes, the h plus is a very cool machine. I got mine because of the c23 camera over my regular h. But it's a love-hate relationship and I've noticed some strange differences...

The rotors/ props are quieter, the camera is a bit better and the landing is more reliable. Doesn't want to flip over upon landing like the H. However, the RC range seems to be terrible over the regular H. I keep losing connection at short distances that I never experienced with the regular H, and it enters return to home mode when I'm in the middle of recording footage. This doesn't make a lot of sense, unless there's something wrong with my h plus or controller...

I've also noticed, when activating the yaw motor for preset 360 video shots, the camera jerks quickly from the straight on position. The movement on the regular H is seamless and smooth when you do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval