Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New (old) Yuneec 500+ pilot

Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong section...sorry anyway I have flown one quad Syma X5SW twice it's now 50' up in a tree. I am going to order a q500+ I will have a lot of dumb questions. Watching the tutorial and the follow me function. I have a 20 acre field surrounded by large trees ...If I elevate quad to 125' will it stay at that height as I ride around the perimeter (in follow me) without fear of running into a 70' tree? Read a lot about charging batteries using a balance charger with a para board and to a certain level if storing for a few days? again I apologize if these are rookie questions

I posted this in the wrong section...sorry anyway I have flown one quad Syma X5SW twice it's now 50' up in a tree. I am going to order a q500+ I will have a lot of dumb questions. Watching the tutorial and the follow me function. I have a 20 acre field surrounded by large trees ...If I elevate quad to 125' will it stay at that height as I ride around the perimeter (in follow me) without fear of running into a 70' tree? Read a lot about charging batteries using a balance charger with a para board and to a certain level if storing for a few days? again I apologize if these are rookie questions
If you go by math alone, you should be ok. Without seeing the lay of the land the only one that can say for sure would be the one flying the bird. If one of those 70' trees is on a 60' hill, guess what?

I believe once you set your Q at a certain altitude (according to sea level) it maintains that altitude. So I would take Chewmans advice. From reading what you said....you've flown your syma twice and its now 50' up a tree. If I were you before I purchased a $1000. drone I would get my syma out of the tree and practice some more with the $70. drone first. 99% of all drone crashes are due to pilot error, because we try to move to fast and attempt moves that you haven't mastered yet. Take your time; learn to hover first, then learn to steer in what Yuneec calls safe mode. And of course; do it in an open field (no trees)....Practice with your syma, and then when you got the hang of it (no more crashes) then go out and purchase a Q500. It'll be like driving a brand new Cadillac.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1