Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New owner

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just bought Q500+. I have unboxed it and checked everything out. I have watched many Youtube vids, my main question is do I need to do a firmware update on brand new bird. I am not very computer savvy and can't follow the vids I have seen. Is there a more simple vids out there?

I'm j a firm believer in don't fix unless broke. If the update gives u something u can't live w/out or it's a recommended fix for a issue, I w fly, fly, fly. Get used to your 500 and enjoy.
you c also call customer support and get their input, that's probably the route I w always take!!

Hi guys. I just bought Q500+. I have unboxed it and checked everything out. I have watched many Youtube vids, my main question is do I need to do a firmware update on brand new bird. I am not very computer savvy and can't follow the vids I have seen. Is there a more simple vids out there?
There should be sticker on the bottm of the Q that tells you what firmware is installed...one of the fixes of the latest firmware takes just about all of the bouncing out of the landings

You can check to see what firmware is installed on the controller by booting it up, and you can check the Q by hooking it up to the GUI. If any of them require a update I strongly suggest to do the update. If anything happens to your Q, and you look at Yuneec for answers that's the first question Yuneec is going to ask. Did you update the firmware. The instructions for updating your equipment should be on the SD card that came with your Q. What ever files are on the SD card you should also copy them to your computer for future reference.

Also before you take your first flight I would take the time to read all of the threads involving crashes, and whatever they did wrong to crash; do the complete opposite. Take your time read all instructions, take it slow, and learn to fly in an wide open field. I feel like I'm repeating myself as I tell this to all newbies, so that they can avoid spending any unnecessary money repairing, or replacing their Q. Crawl before you walk....Safe Flying

Make sure you put a micro SD card in the ST10+ controller in the slot under the battery. It saves all the telemetry and other data in case you have an issue and have to send it back for warranty that will be the first thing Yuneec will ask you for.
Latest Firmware from Yuneec's website:

Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/ Q500G
(Date: 10/26/2015)
Q500 v1.07

CG03 Camera:
Solved green tint on DNG picture.
(Date: 7/17/2015)

ST-10+ Controller:
Bug fixes
(Date: 03/03/2016)

Find your model on the Yuneec website and look under Firmware for your particular application.
Support

As said above go slow, read, watch YouTube videos, take off in angle mode so if you are too close to it the Q won't just fly rapidly away from you if you are too close.
And slide the rabbit/turtle mode to turtle (slider on right side) until you get used to the controls.
You'll do fine. Just watch for trees, people and power lines!

I'm new to this as well, but these guys are correct. take it slow, read/watch everything you can and get used to it. Also, find somewhere local if possible that carries props for your Q. It comes with a set, but a couple quick mistakes can eat up your extras. Enjoy.

If you have a best buy in your area they sell Qs, and props. If you find that you need buy more props, my opinion is to stick with Yuneec props. Yes there're flimsy, and break easily, but that's by design so that they won't do much property damage, carbon fiber props can do some serious damage.

Some newbie tips...

Make sure your SD card for camera is a Class 10. Format before use. 16 GB or more is good.

Put a micro SD card in the ST10+ transmitter, located in the slot under the battery. ( I used the one that came with my Typhoon, copying all the files onto my computer before use).

Charge your flight batteries up before every outing.

Charge up your transmitter battery when needed.

Check your transmitter switches before flight (in Angle Mode, camera where you want it, take off in Rabbit Mode).

Check that your screws are tight, especially on your landing gear.

Make sure your props are tightened properly.

Take off the camera gimbal holder before powering up Typhoon.

Take off, and land in Angle Mode.

Fly in open areas, away from trees and power lines.

Make sure you save your video! Turn off recording with video button before powering your Typhoon off.

Take your battery out of the Typhoon after flight. Let your flight battery cool off before charging it up again.

Some newbie tips...

Make sure your SD card for camera is a Class 10. Format before use. 16 GB or more is good.

Put a micro SD card in the ST10+ transmitter, located in the slot under the battery. ( I used the one that came with my Typhoon, copying all the files onto my computer before use).

Charge your flight batteries up before every outing.

Charge up your transmitter battery when needed.

Check your transmitter switches before flight (in Angle Mode, camera where you want it, take off in Rabbit Mode).

Check that your screws are tight, especially on your landing gear.

Make sure your props are tightened properly.

Take off the camera gimbal holder before powering up Typhoon.

Take off, and land in Angle Mode.

Fly in open areas, away from trees and power lines.

Make sure you save your video! Turn off recording with video button before powering your Typhoon off.

Take your battery out of the Typhoon after flight. Let your flight battery cool off before charging it up again.
Got a question..can i use class 10 usb in transmitter and cg02..and will the any class 10 sd card wotk with transmitter and how you went about making it work..reason asking i just bought this q500 from a friend but i dont have the sd card that came with bird

Got a question..can i use class 10 usb in transmitter and cg02..and will the any class 10 sd card wotk with transmitter and how you went about making it work..reason asking i just bought this q500 from a friend but i dont have the sd card that came with bird

Hi! Any good Class 10 micro SD card is fine. Nothing special with the card that came with the Q.

Like I said on my other reply, I would do a test video on the camera first before your first flight... just to make sure it is all working fine.

Are your Q and camera bound to the transmitter? If not, your camera password is 1234567890.

Just format card on your computer first.

Happy flying! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me