Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Ahhh gotcha. Ok, bare with me here

Ok, got it loaded and into st16, wtfd attachment says it’ll take a while so I will reach out if I have an issue but it appears to be updating.

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate your time.

If there’s anything you need that I could be of service just reach out to me. Im a postmaster with the postal service and I can help hunt down anything package related if you need. This hobby kinda dictates we get things through the mail all the time so just reach out to me and I can internally hunt it down for you.

Ok, got it loaded and into st16, wtfd attachment says it’ll take a while so I will reach out if I have an issue but it appears to be updating.

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate your time.

If there’s anything you need that I could be of service just reach out to me. Im a postmaster with the postal service and I can help hunt down anything package related if you need. This hobby kinda dictates we get things through the mail all the time so just reach out to me and I can internally hunt it down for you.

Got it. Now should I update ota?

IMG_2511.jpg

Got it. Now should I update ota?
Nope. You're done. Anything else is asking for trouble. The only thing doing OTA would do is load the same files into a folder on your ST16s, but it won't let you use them because they are already installed.

It had highs, and lows; something for everyone. You were all on that ride with me..
I felt like I was in the war room, standing in the background as real-time info was coming. I was waiting for the drone to launch an air strike or drop a package at any moment.

Hello everyone. I finally found a new H Plus last night and drove 50 miles to the hobby shop that said they had one in the backpack and all. Was super excited to bring it home and charged up the batteries (2) and when I turned it on I have the same thing happening to me: the welcome screen of the ST16S asks for me to do the updates and then when I try and do it, it shows me a red exclamation mark and I can do anything. The Hexcopter turns and so does the camera and I see an image from the camera but I can't get the camera to move in any way. I am desperately trying to get this to work. I have searched for Yuneec Australia but not having any luck. Where can I get the file that is mentioned here? Please help! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, and fly your drones!

I found the Yuneec Australia files in the WTFD Project. YEah! Now lets see if I can actually get the files to load on the camera/controller. Thanks in advance for support, this place is AWESOME!

OK. Be Calm. I know what it's like to have a new toy that won't work. But let's take this one piece at a time.

I'm not sure your drone is bound to the controller. The camera is, and it's doing camera things, but camera movement is part of the drone binding. A couple of your descriptions can be interpreted more than one way.
1.) What do you mean by "The Hexacopter turns"?
2.) You said "and does the camera", but then you said "I can't get the camera to move in any way". So does the camera move in response to the controller, or does it not.
To clarify, it would be good if you would upload a screenshot or picture of your main screen. We really don't know which way to go until we understand where you are now.

On the subject of updating; Don't do that right now. Updates create tons of problems all by themselves. It would be best to get the drone operating properly on your current firmware, then discuss the need to update.

Good morning sir! Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the missing words as it was way past my bed time and I was writing the post without my peepers..sucks getting old! So here is what I meant:

1)The hexacopter turns on...It lights up and makes all those delicious sounds. The camera also turns on as it displays an image on the controller. However, it does not respond to any controls at all...no movement, zilch, nada.

I have not done any updates and will first try to bind this thing. They say it is bound from the factory but could be that it is not. I will also take a screenshot (s) and post it. I bought a memory card (64g) for the camera and will now try and bind the camera . Thanks in advance for your guidance. I will report back with screen shots shortly.

Reactions: WTFDproject
OK. Be Calm. I know what it's like to have a new toy that won't work. But let's take this one piece at a time.

I'm not sure your drone is bound to the controller. The camera is, and it's doing camera things, but camera movement is part of the drone binding. A couple of your descriptions can be interpreted more than one way.
1.) What do you mean by "The Hexacopter turns"?
2.) You said "and does the camera", but then you said "I can't get the camera to move in any way". So does the camera move in response to the controller, or does it not.
To clarify, it would be good if you would upload a screenshot or picture of your main screen. We really don't know which way to go until we understand where you are now.

On the subject of updating; Don't do that right now. Updates create tons of problems all by themselves. It would be best to get the drone operating properly on your current firmware, then discuss the need to update.

WTFD PROJECT clocking in for the day, go get em!!! The dudes like wicked smaart **Boston accent**.

If he can’t help you no one can. You’re in good hands.

Reactions: Mike Irish
You guys rock! So, I have been able to bind the copter and the camera and they both work. I did a compass calibration but I am still scared to actually fly this thing as it is telling me I need to update it and I can't do it. I am sending screen shots of my current status:

Attachments

• IMG_7553.jpg
    IMG_7553.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7554.jpg
    IMG_7554.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7552.jpg
    IMG_7552.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 9
That is truly interesting. The build you have is on my list as a "mystery build". I don't know what features or fixes it provided. I don't even know the associated build number. I only know it existed and the date it was released. I believe It was only the second build released for the H Plus. So yeah, it's pretty out of date. In itself, that's not all that bad. Many folks are still on the very oldest release, and it works perfectly for them.
Newer builds came with issues that ranged from lost features, features almost no one ever used, some firmware defects, camera problems, user limitations. Lots of negatives related to the few gains. However, there was one gain I personally find useful. In build 777, redundant control was added. That means if you loose the normal 2.4Ghz drone control signal, the system automatically engages the backup system through the 5.8Ghz normally used for the camera. I like having that available. Somewhere along the way, provisions were made for using larger SD cards. That's another "positive" some folks actually needed. Build 822 is the current build, and the one I use most of the time. It has all the good stuff, but it did block access to some calibrations that were still available in Build 777. The calibrations don't do much you would ever use, but many folks want full access to everything anyway.
There is nothing wrong with leaving the drone on it's current build until you get a good feel what it does and what it doesn't do. If you do an update, and then have problems, it will make it hard to determine whether it is an update issue, or if the drone actually has a defect. This is your decision. Again, for what it's worth, I left mine on the original build 652 until just a few months ago. Then went to straight to the latest Build 822, and have had no problems with it.

Updates come in two basic varieties:
OTA (Over the air): I'm not sure your current build supports that. It is something else that came along the way somewhere. If it works, you can update to the latest available build using your home WiFi system. Many folks find this method easier, mainly because the instructions are provided on YouTube, and videos are easier to see what is to be done. Downside is you can only update to the current build, and only once, and I don't believe you can go back without doing some other things manually.

SD Cards: In this method, you download the updates to SD cards, and the update is done by inserting the cards in the controller and the camera.
Upside: You can go directly from any build you have loaded, to any other build for which you can find the files. (Some builds vanished into history, and either no longer exist, or only parts of them exist). You can go in either direction, as many times as you like.
Downside: The instructions (the ones you mentioned above). They are in written format, and are in excessive detail. Many look at it, and say "NO WAY!". However, if you struggle your way through the detail, you get a benefit. At some point in the process, you realize what is really being done. A light bulb comes on in your head that says "Man! This is REALLY easy!". And you never use OTA again.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal