Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New survey lists Yuneec as the #2 Worldwide Drone Manufacturer

They might be no.1 but that won't happen now that they have pretty much abandoned this country. Does anyone know if they are planning any new recreational drones? I guess the evo 2 is the option. Anyone flown one?

Reactions: Mike Irish
I'm sure this would not be true for the USA, but apparently Yuneec is doing well in parts of the world. Obviously DJI is the elephant in the room, uh, world.
I don't know about their rank in the world. They make great drones but we loyal customers have been treated like number 2 by them.

I don't know about their rank in the world. They make great drones but we loyal customers have been treated like number 2 by them.
I don't know about the rest of my Yuneec friends but I think someone is being very generous making them #2. They make some wonderful models then desert their loyal customers. Nikon did that for years before they realized they were alienating people. There are other companies out there that support their older models for years after moving to better types. Still, I love my TH and will probably be flying it for years to come -- support or not.

In regards of customer satisfaction and service Yuneec is lacking a lot - at least for the recreational/hobby customers. From my point of view, there's a huge gap between the HQs decisions and the local dependencies. Here at Germany there's nearly nothing to complain about regarding service or availability of support. They are doing well and we also have some great shops providing parts. But decisions regarding new products, their introduction to the market, compability and, most of all, the product life cycle management are far from superior - or even good.
I'll stay with my H920+s and my H480s as long as possible (=running out of spares and options for repairs/mods), as I like the hexacopter system, but I don't see the need to follow Yuneec on every new product they intend to throw at us. I see their focus on official and industrial customers with big interest, but they shouldn't forget about the hobbyists or enthusiasts!

I'll stay with my H920+s and my H480s as long as possible (=running out of spares and options for repairs/mods), as I like the hexacopter system, but I don't see the need to follow Yuneec on every new product they intend to throw at us. I see their focus on official and industrial customers with big interest, but they shouldn't forget about the hobbyists or enthusiasts!

I agree totally. Personally I have had most of the Y drones, and even a few DJI. The Y H520 is at the head of this class. I have flown the original many months now and find it rock-solid and dependable, even while flying right up against giant cell and radio towers. So earlier this year I sold my 4 H480's, which were still flying good. The 520E, with greatly extended flight range and other advances, is on my radar.

One of the worlds premier UAV pilots is a fellow German of yours.

The pandemic upset plans, sales and profits of many manufacturers. Yuneec is apparently tilting toward the commercial and professional markets rather than hobbyists.

Best wishes...

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss