Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New To This...

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am somewhat new to the drone world. I have had several small / low budget drones (nothing more than $400) and am about to pull the trigger on a more expensive one.

I have several friends in real-estate that have been asking me to get one because drone photos for them are very expensive in this area. I also have some friends who are amateur motorcycle road course racers, they too would like to see what can be captured by a drone camera.

So I can maybe make a few dollars and really enjoy the drone personally on hikes, mountain biking and just general use. I do know the FAA license will be needed and that will not be a problem as I am a veteran Navy aviator and now continue my career with a major airline.

Now the question....

I'm on the fence with the TH Pro that will be out in a few days and the Phantom 4. I know your opinions will be favored to the TH, but I'm interested on everyones thoughts. I have read days about this online and overall; I like the TH Pro because of 6 motors, 360º cam, retractable gear, but the camera seems to be the downfall. The P4 is slightly smaller and the camera is excellent, my main concern is the camera. Im buying a drone for the camera. If i wanted to be a pure hobbyist I would buy a helo or fixed wing rc.

So what do you guys think? is the camera issue really an issue? If it is terrible, is it easy to upgrade / fix?

I appreciate the reply in advance, thank you.

If you want a good camera go P4 if you like the features of the H and can deal with a subpar camera get the H
So no way to have best of both worlds? No upgrade will make the TH camera as good or better than the P4?

So no way to have best of both worlds? No upgrade will make the TH camera as good or better than the P4?
No, but using the CGO3+ camera in manual settings can make it "AS" good !;) And I am sure different cameras will be out !

I like my Typhoon H, but for filming I'll be using my Phantom P3P. The H's camera is just not there yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11