Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Yuneec Owner

Reaction score
Hey All -
I'm John, a private pilot and new drone owner! I'm literally going to pick up my new (to me) Typhoon H. I'll try to say hello again soon - but I am on a schedule. Looking forward to having my first real drone, going my 107, and having fun !

Welcome to YuneecPilots John!

Be sure to checkout the sticky threads at the head of the Discussion and How To forums for the Typhoon H. The user expanded manual is attached for your convenience.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hi. Welcome. Everyone will want to know which H you have,there are a few,and then the advice will start to flow. Most important was sent to you by DoomMeister,a longer newer manual that will answer most of your Questions. It was added to by some of our knowledgeable members and can prevent most crash situations. So have fun The H is tons of fun,an awesome bird. Keith C.

Hey guys and thanks so much !! I'm back from picking the T up, and giving it a very brief test buzz in the yard. Went up, left right and in circles wonderfully.

BUT - it's not reconnecting to the camera. I did buy a new SD card, so I'm guessing it needs formatting. The light in the camera was flashing colors, so I'm certain there's a code.

I'll try and look up the model in a bit, and thanks so much for the replies already - very welcoming. Truthfully, reading how much you all support each other has made the anxiety and stress level super manageable. Thanks all again.

The light in the camera was flashing colors, so I'm certain there's a code.
Yup. It's a code. But we need to know what drone and what camera. Really, it's the camera we need to know for the code part, but the drone will also be helpful.

Are you an experienced drone pilot?
If this is your first drone, there will be many bits of advice available. The first two are:
1.) DO NOT fly in "SAFE" Mode. Especially until you STUDY the manual section on that mode. "SAFE" is actually dangerous if you are not familiar with the peculiarities of that mode. The "SAFE CIRCLE" aspect especially. That peculiar response has completely wrecked a great many new drones, and there is a definite risk of personal injury.
2.) Remove the camera for the first few flights. Drones are relatively easy and inexpensive to repair. Cameras are easily damaged, hard to find parts, hard to work on, and sometimes have to be recalibrated at a service center. Service Center repairs are especially expensive, and you can currently expect to wait several weeks (or months) to get it back. The drone will fly the same with or without the camera. The flight controller makes the necessary balance adjustments for you automatically.

I’m not being sarcastic, that is a very complete manual of operation for the Typhoon H. I keep a copy of it on my phone for reference in the field.

Thank you for the above advice! I will try to follow, and the gentleman I bought it from also warned me off safe mode.

I am actively in the manual right now, and wow it's impressive.

So when we test flew the drone, the camera worked fine. He pulled his sd card out, I took it home, bought a new SD card, and powered up the controller then drone. The drone operates, will respond to basic controls. flew a minute or 2, up to say 50' in the backyard, responded fine. BUT

The camera never reconnected. The small print message in red "reconnecting to the camera"at the top of the controller screen never went away, I never viewed through the camera. We changed a few things as he was showing me different modes after our test flight, I put in a new sd card, a few things got done. But the camera is not showing currently. It does pulse fairly rapid red/green/red/green. I don't see a camera code for that combination. I'll keep looking at things, gently.

I too still refer to it often. You will be amazed at the stuff in the manual ,things this machine is capable of,total fun,and satisfying to fly,also you will be amazed at the pictures and videos you can produce. I have learned so much from the more experienced flyers on this forum.Happy flying. Keith C. P.S. By model they want typhoon H I'll sayit as th480 or th480pro,same but with more goodies or th480 plus,a little more advanced. Basically 3 versions of h480.H designates HEX,480 is size . Hope I got em all,as I may stand to be corrected.Keith C.

So I don't know what "binding" is, but I did a few things and got some results :
  • He had a 2nd model in the controller. I switched to it, no joy, switched back, and saw the RC connected but the wi-fi never did.
  • Went to pad mode, found the cgo3, with message "out of range"
  • noted I'm in SUPER crowded wifi area - must have been like 20 devices listed. the cgo3 was last.
  • the pan mode does work - camera will tip and track right/left
  • I pressed the itty bitty right hand reset button on the camera, it would flash on and off for follow / watch mode being available on the ST16 screen, but never connected.
  • the SD is listed as N/A on the ST16 screen. I've reseated it, I don't see U3 on the packaging so I'll start checking that.

Lets not mess with the SD right now. Just put it in the camera and assume it's OK. First, we need to get the camera bound. The real instructions are on page 43, but a simple version is:
1.) Select "system settings" at the bottom of the screen.
2.) Select "OK" if a screen comes up.
3.) Select "Bind" at the top of the menu.
4.) Select "Refresh" as needed to get the camera ID to show in white letters in the right hand column.
5.) Touch the camera ID to select it.
6.) Click "Bind" in the lower right corner.
7.) Give it a second to bind.
8.) Back out to the main screen. You should have a picture.

Hi and Welcome JD Flyer,
Also SD card and it's size are a lesson in themselves. You must format the card to Fat 32 for it to record and this can be done in the St16 if you wish. Also the GB size is important and the read and write speed. I have been flying these machines a few years now and you never stop learning. The MANUAL IS YOUR FRIEND and read it as much as possible. The forum is the best there is for our Machines, use the search magnifine glass top right to scoured the threads and if no satisfaction then ask the question and you will get help. It is a very broad learning curve, they are different to most other UAV's but are the most stable and strongest in high winds . You will enjoy flying this machine very much, heading for trouble, take your fingers off the sticks, it will stop and hover, then work out which way to go. Happy flying and safe flying.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass

Reactions: 7cyclops
Hey All -
So get this. SilentR9 and I spent 2 hours(!!) last night, and decided the wifi on the camera was fried. Gone, like it didn't exist. How, when at 11 am it worked and 4 pm it didn't? Well I'd disinfected everything because of COVID, and we figure some residue was shorting out the wifi board of the CGO3. It was just gone.

So as a VERY LAST RESORT WTFDproject hooked me up with the CGO3 tear down guide. So I tore it down. washed the wifi board, rinsed it in alcohol, dried it with canned air, remounted it, and IT WORKED !!! Moral of the story - don't wash your drone with Windex, even if it says it kills 99% of the germs, because it kills 100% of the drones.

And thanks again everyone - pics to follow.

Must have watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding too many times! ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech