Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newb

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name's Chris. I'm new to the whole quadcopter scene. I just purchased a factory remanufactured Q500+ from Yuneec. I'm still waiting on it to be delivered. In the meantime, I have been watching just about every YouTube video and reading every thread possible before I get it. I actually did most of my research before buying it. I wanted something that would be easy for a beginner, good for when I become more advanced, and takes good photos and video. I'm sure I'll have questions, but I'm very familiar with the search feature on forums.

Anyways, I live in the southern part of Chesapeake, VA, close to the NC line. I spend most of my time outdoors, hiking, hunting, fishing, etc. I recently got into photography, but nothing real serious. I wanted a decent platform to begin getting into aerial photography. Anyone else from Hampton Roads area?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Chris. You will find a lot of good people in our community, and enough information to keep you overloaded for quite awhile. Make good use of the Search function when you have a question. If you aren't able to resolve it that way, just post it and together an answer will usually be found.

This is a pretty good series of tutorials to watch while you wait for delivery.

How to Fly DJI Phantom, Yuneec Typhoon H and Q500 4K Drones - YouTube

Hey guys, my name's Chris. I'm new to the whole quadcopter scene. I just purchased a factory remanufactured Q500+ from Yuneec. I'm still waiting on it to be delivered. In the meantime, I have been watching just about every YouTube video and reading every thread possible before I get it. I actually did most of my research before buying it. I wanted something that would be easy for a beginner, good for when I become more advanced, and takes good photos and video. I'm sure I'll have questions, but I'm very familiar with the search feature on forums.

Anyways, I live in the southern part of Chesapeake, VA, close to the NC line. I spend most of my time outdoors, hiking, hunting, fishing, etc. I recently got into photography, but nothing real serious. I wanted a decent platform to begin getting into aerial photography. Anyone else from Hampton Roads area?
welcome to the hobby, im in va beach and belong to a club in pungo. let me know if there is anything you need

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I can find any info I'll ever need here. Seems to be pretty packed with info. I actually downloaded the manual off their site the other day. I appreciate it.
welcome to the hobby, im in va beach and belong to a club in pungo. let me know if there is anything you need
Sounds good man. If you don't mind me asking, what club?
Welcome to the forum Chris. You will find a lot of good people in our community, and enough information to keep you overloaded for quite awhile. Make good use of the Search function when you have a question. If you aren't able to resolve it that way, just post it and together an answer will usually be found.

This is a pretty good series of tutorials to watch while you wait for delivery.

How to Fly DJI Phantom, Yuneec Typhoon H and Q500 4K Drones - YouTube
Thanks for the welcome. I actually used to own a few phpbb forums, so I'm all about the search function. Lol. Believe it or not, I already watched all of those videos.... a couple times. Haha. Glad to be around. I'm sure I'll get a ton of good info here.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I can find any info I'll ever need here. Seems to be pretty packed with info. I actually downloaded the manual off their site the other day. I appreciate it.Sounds good man. If you don't mind me asking, what club? Thanks for the welcome. I actually used to own a few phpbb forums, so I'm all about the search function. Lol. Believe it or not, I already watched all of those videos.... a couple times. Haha. Glad to be around. I'm sure I'll get a ton of good info here.

Three oaks in va beach. great size flying field and beyond. there are a few drone pilots .but seems to be growing. great bunch of guys. you can come out a fly a few times at no cost. but after that. you have to have your "ama" before you can join. a lot of r/c planes , some helos, about 40 members. you can call me at 757-589-0048 for more details.

Reactions: TurboDad81
Three oaks in va beach. great size flying field and beyond. there are a few drone pilots .but seems to be growing. great bunch of guys. you can come out a fly a few times at no cost. but after that. you have to have your "ama" before you can join. a lot of r/c planes , some helos, about 40 members. you can call me at 757-***-**** for more details.

Sounds good man. I screenshotted your number, if you want to delete it from your post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy