Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NewBee with a Typhoon G ------ Help.

Reaction score
Hi.
I am new to this forum, so I hope I'm in the right place.
I recently purchased a Typhoon G so I could start to enjoy the drone world. I Bought it mainly because I already have a GoPro 3+ Black that I want to use.
I am having massive troubles trying to get the camera to work with the G.
I have tried every combination and order of connections and power "ups" to connect and turn on or off to make this work with No success!
Camera on, off. Recording on, off...Power this or that first.
I get weird camera errors like "Camera Busy" or it locks up so bad I have to pull the battery out of the camera to restart it!
This is really frustrating!!!!
Is there a preferred order that you guys might share with me as to what gets turned on first, second, etc. to get this guy flying and recording?
Thanks in advance for any help and or info!

Ray

Hi.
I am new to this forum, so I hope I'm in the right place.
I recently purchased a Typhoon G so I could start to enjoy the drone world. I Bought it mainly because I already have a GoPro 3+ Black that I want to use.
I am having massive troubles trying to get the camera to work with the G.
I have tried every combination and order of connections and power "ups" to connect and turn on or off to make this work with No success!
Camera on, off. Recording on, off...Power this or that first.
I get weird camera errors like "Camera Busy" or it locks up so bad I have to pull the battery out of the camera to restart it!
This is really frustrating!!!!
Is there a preferred order that you guys might share with me as to what gets turned on first, second, etc. to get this guy flying and recording?
Thanks in advance for any help and or info! Ray
You are in the right place and welcome to the Forum.
Have you looked at any of these videos that might help with the connection?

typhoon g - YouTube

Reactions: TheGryme
Yes, I have, thanks.
Now I'm starting to suspect either my GoPro is sick or maybe my SD card is a counterfeit.
It is a 64 GiG chip.
I can't get the camera to record video sitting on my desk for more than a few seconds.....40 has been the max!
Then it kind of locks up the camera, meaning I have to hold the power button for 10 seconds or more or just pull the battery.
This sucks.

Yeah, the card sounds like a problem. You need a U3 card. 32GB is usually big enough for several flights.

Reactions: TheGryme
Thanks for your input....I'll look into another chip tomorrow.
I didn't think a 32 GB chip would be that good enuf for a few flights?
Wow.
What res and settings do you run, if you don't mind sharing?

Man, you can't even buy a dang memory chip without worrying about being ripped off!!!!!

Thanks for your input....I'll look into another chip tomorrow.
I didn't think a 32 GB chip would be that good enuf for a few flights?
Wow.
What res and settings do you run, if you don't mind sharing?
Man, you can't even buy a dang memory chip without worrying about being ripped off!!!!!
I shoot everything in 4K video from takeoff to landing. I've never filled up a 32GB card with even six flights. Be sure you see the 3 inside the U on the card. A U3 card should be fast enough to record 4k resolution. And cards can go bad. It's rare, but it happens.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
I REALLY want to play with this!!!!!!!
Once the video bugs are worked out, I think I'll be able to do just that!
So far I have been all the way to 85 feet above my rear property.....maybe 200 feet or so away from where I'm standing. (Newbee!!!!!!!!!!)
The winds have been blowing here a lot lately, so I have been (in my 7 flights) using Smart mode after I launch and towards the end of recovery.
This thing has got some wicked *** sensors and programming!
It keeps the bird very level and right where I need it to be.
One small crash (2 new blades!!!!!!) plus the dirt and rocks plucked from the motors and it was ready to go again.
It "screams" after a crash......I guess that's to help you locate it......or maybe it's in Pain!!!!!!????

Anyways, thanks again!!!!

Ray

Thanks again for your input.
The wind advice is so simple and easy......of course I didn't think of it and it makes so much sense!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhh!
Can you tell I work for the Govment?
I ordered a new GoPro supported 32 GiG chip for this today, with the correct speeds in and out, etc.
Plus it's thru Amazon so if it is a POS I should be able to return it easily!
Take it easy.....new chip should be here by Saturday and maybe I can get a couple of new flights in without Vid, b4 then!!!

Reactions: Steve Carr
The new video memory chip should be here maybe Saturday.....I can't wait to geev eet another try!!!!!!!!!
Mean while........it's a bit on the too windy side outside right now to be getting some more flight hours (minutes) in.........O well.
Soon.........very soon!
Thanks again for you help!

To me, I'm not an expert but have every version of GoPro and most like the SD card is just not compatible. Always stick with name brand and at least one that can do 80 read/write. Furthermore make sure on the TX you set the camera to GoPro.

To me, I'm not an expert but have every version of GoPro and most like the SD card is just not compatible. Always stick with name brand and at least one that can do 80 read/write. Furthermore make sure on the TX you set the camera to GoPro.
Good tip. Sounds like you would be a guy who would know for sure.

Well, here I am, the newbee........screwed up again.
Since I'm waiting for my new camera mem chip I thought I'd update anything and everything I could on the drone and the ST10+.
Well.......I wrecked that.
Originally the ST10 had a Typhoon "G" listed as one of the birds you could select from "Model select" button.
Somehow mine is now gone......I figured I'd just have to upgrade the firmware on the drone and the ST10+.
Nope........No mention of the "G".
Now the ST10+ and the drone are not communicating...........great.
Any suggestions or maybe a list of what to do to get this back to usable?
I'm really frustrated and bummed.......what a dummass I am.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Good Night for now............dammmmmit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally the ST10 had a Typhoon "G" listed
No Worries.
All you need to do is create a new model, give it a name like Typhoon G, save it, then select the camera you are using. Then do the binding process. If you do a search on Youtube you will find lots of videos about doing both of those.
Look down thru this list of videos made by one of the members on this forum:

Jeff Sibelius

No Worries.
All you need to do is create a new model, give it a name like Typhoon G, save it, then select the camera you are using. Then do the binding process. If you do a search on Youtube you will find lots of videos about doing both of those.
Look down thru this list of videos made by one of the members on this forum:

Jeff Sibelius
Hi, So the Drone needs the camera in the loop to re-connect and bind everything together; drone, controller and the video/ camera?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval