Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie question

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking of buying a breeze. It would be my first drone. Basically right now thinking I would use it on trips (daughter plays travel softball so tourneys in Colorado and California) things like that. I would like to have something that would take good pictures and I can do some videos of the mountains here at home and Colorado

Would the breeze be a good drone to 'cut' my teeth on? Walmart 149.00 with controller.

Thanks

It's an excellent price and lots of people really enjoy flying it. There is a definite learning curve but I can think of no other drone in this price range that would be better.
BTW, you will want to avoid any flying around sporting events if that's what you are planning.

No flying at the fields lol. Just kind of doing for family memories of our last summer before the youngest goes away for college.

I was recently in your position. I fly RC planes and helicopters so my kids got me a drone for Christmas. “Neat” I thought. While there were a few things to learn, I had the flying / piloting part down well. Shorting up the story the No Fly Zones (NFZ's) are many and all over the place. You NEED to consider your application thoroughly! You can’t fly in State / National parks, and as Steve indicated, not around people or sporting events, and many other places. I spent months looking for my "application" (after sending my Christmas present back) and ended up making small modifications to the breeze for fishing purposes. The Breeze is a great first drone but it’s a ‘selfie’ drone - made to be flown near you. This is a key to happiness with this drone. Understand what you are buying. It’s small, which is nice, but also means you are flying it close to you, as again, it’s a selfie drone. Flight time is short so you’ll need a few extra batteries, but at $21 (Walmart) it’s not an issue if you can find them. All Walmart’s near me (Colorado) are sold out, but I got 4 extra so I’m set.

Also, spend a few days flying in some open field or you’ll for sure crash. Learn all the settings so you will KNOW what’s going to happen before you push a button.

Steve Pace and I are working on a fun-quiz for new pilots - which we hope will help them understand the features and functions of the Breeze. Here's a preview which might help you when / if you get the Breeze. If you can answer these questions you should be in good shape - but know the answers before you go out and fly. We have not edited this, but you'll get the idea.

1) How do you tell if you have a GPS connection?

2) What is your RTH set to?

a. Is it high enough – and how do you tell?

3) How do you set the Breeze end-height in Journey mode?

4) How high will the Breeze hover when it takes off?

5) What happens when you initiate a RTH and push the RTH again?

6) In Orbit mode, what happens? What distance will the Breeze orbit you?

a. How do you stop Orbit mode?

7) When flying indoors, how many GPS satellites should you see?

8) When you connect the B/T controller to the iPhone, which button on the controller do you push at the same time you turn on the controller?

a. Same question, but with an Android phone?

9) What happens to the Controller when the B/T connects to the phone?

10) Is there a setting for how far and high you can fly? If so, what is it set to?

11) If you have no GPS signal, will the Breeze still fly?

12) If you phone does not have a 5.8ghz wifi signal, can you still fly?

13) If you push the throttle stick all the way down, and hold it, will the Breeze land itself?

Good luck.

Last edited:
Good questions Scott...if I had not watched a few videos I would not have know the answers to most of those questions. Standing in Wally world right now with extra battery in hand waiting for them to bring it out.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement...

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have a Typhoon H Professional but purchased a Breeze 4k just due to size and price. It is nice and small and takes great photos. One thing I would comment on is the fact there is no gimbal, which wasn't a big deal for me, but had not thought about that when I purchased. Photos are good, but you are not going to get those smooth videos with the absence of the gimbal to keep everything stable. I paid $199 and had not shopped around for any cheaper pricing, but well worth the cost.

You are clearly talking about the Camera gimbal (as the Controller also has gimbals) - and yes, for the price, it's not as stable as the higher priced drones with 3 axis gimbals. You get what you pay for, but that said, the current Walmart price is $150 and batteries are $21 - which makes the Breeze a great selfie drone and a good introduction for many. Honestly, I was not going to pay $700+ with FlyMore kit for a DJI drone just to 'test the waters'. I don't plan to take video and spend hours editing it just to place it on YouTube where only my family and a few others ever look at it. Professionals that can use a drone in some sort of video application will spend the extra money and get a better drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02