Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Nice little earner

Back in the day, I used to be a database admin.
93 hours to run a match query on two DB tables?
That's one incredibly slooooow staff.
I would estimate 30 minutes to FTP in the files, another 30 min to define & load the tables, and 15 min to design & run the SQL query. That leaves 92 hours to screw around with ambiguities.
And - that was on PC's running Access7 on WinXP 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Back in the day, I used to be a database admin.
93 hours to run a match query on two DB tables?
That's one incredibly slooooow staff.
I would estimate 30 minutes to FTP in the files, another 30 min to define & load the tables, and 15 min to design & run the SQL query. That leaves 92 hours to screw around with ambiguities.
And - that was on PC's running Access7 on WinXP 10 years ago.
I have experience in databases too and would agree with you.

My friends...this isn't rocket science. Methinks someone is trying to pull the wool here. I objected strongly to registering since I am already on that PfCO database. I would like that second FOI request to be answered too.

I have experience in databases too and would agree with you.

My friends...this isn't rocket science. Methinks someone is trying to pull the wool here. I objected strongly to registering since I am already on that PfCO database. I would like that second FOI request to be answered too.
Will be interesting to see the next year's fees since there millions short.

Will be interesting to see the next year's fees since there millions short.
Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a price hike.

Either the CAA overestimated the number of people flying drones in the U.K. (and we all know they did massively overestimate that number), or there are a slew of pilots who will wait until spring and register when they bring their drones out of winter hibernation. Since I think it's the former, I expect that price hike.

Last edited:
Discourage the pilots financially, another way of weeding out some more hobbyist users, keep going til it's only a professional platform with expensive fees.

Discourage the pilots financially, another way of weeding out some more hobbyist users, keep going til it's only a professional platform with expensive fees.
But it won't. If the price becomes too expensive there will always be those that will fly without being registered. Indeed, if what I've seen in various forums is the case, then there are already those that are flying without registering.

And it is my opinion that those that are prepared to fly without registering are fairly safe from being caught. Currently, the police are overstretched and are having to prioritize resources. Drones will be far down their list of priorities...you are unlikely to be caught unless that rozzer just happens to be in that area and not on another job.

But it won't. If the price becomes too expensive there will always be those that will fly without being registered. Indeed, if what I've seen in various forums is the case, then there are already those that are flying without registering.

And it is my opinion that those that are prepared to fly without registering are fairly safe from being caught. Currently, the police are overstretched and are having to prioritize resources. Drones will be far down their list of priorities...you are unlikely to be caught unless that rozzer just happens to be in that area and not on another job.
Of course just like a driving licence and insurance people won't pay. But to the general public who are anti drone, it's headline grabbing that the authorities are stopping there use, by year on year licence increases. Be surprised if the Police don't turn up or just give an incident number to the person informing them of a flight or alleged illegal flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval