Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Display on ST16 From C23 Camera.

What is the recent history of the camera? Long storage? Recent Purchase?
When was the last time it worked correctly?
What happened to it between the last time it worked and the first time it did not?

Is this the same camera that had bad ribbons a couple years ago?
If so, how was that issue resolved?

What happened to it between the last time it worked and the first time it did not?

no sir different camera. worked good last time i used it and that was several months ago 6 to 8

i can control the camera. but when i try to take picture says no sd card. the led light on camera is solid red also
It is difficult to troubleshoot this particular camera design.
Do you have another ST16s to confirm if the camera is the problem?
no sir just the 1

OK. We'll try to go from there.
The ST16S will display "No SD card" when the photo button is pressed, even if the camera is not turned on, or is not properly bound.
Have you checked to ensure the camera is properly bound to the ST16S?
Bound.jpg

Last edited:
OK. We'll try to go from there.
The ST16S will display "No SD card" when the photo button is pressed, even if the camera is not turned on, or is not properly bound.
Have you checked to ensure the camera is properly bound to the ST16S?
yes sir, green check mark on camera and and drone

What color is the LED on the front of the camera?
Does the camera gimbal move normally from the controller?

I assume there is an SD card in the camera?
Have you checked the SD card to see if the camera is actually taking pictures?

Last edited:
What color is the LED on the front of the camera?
Does the camera gimbal move normally from the controller?

I assume there is an SD card in the camera?
Have you checked the SD card to see if the camera is actually taking pictures?
Yes sir moves no problem. Red led on camera. And no pictures on card.

The Red LED means a WIFI problem. It's not very specific to what the problem might be, but at least it hints it might not be a ribbon problem. At this point, you have to decide if you want to self-repair the camera or send it to a shop.
Home repair on these cameras is particularly difficult. The cameras have very small connectors. The one on the WIFI board is underneath the board and easy to damage it or the two other ribbons that are all bunched together. And it's not certain the problem is even in the WIFI board. (Lots of other stuff has to work for the WIFI to work)
I would recommend sending it to a shop for repair. I'm pretty sure either of our sponsors can do this repair. The Sponsors are:
@Yuneec Skins (West Coast)
@joe@vertigodrones (East Coast)

Yes sir moves no problem. Red led on camera. And no pictures on

The Red LED means a WIFI problem. It's not very specific to what the problem might be, but at least it hints it might not be a ribbon problem. At this point, you have to decide if you want to self-repair the camera or send it to a shop.
Home repair on these cameras is particularly difficult. The cameras have very small connectors. The one on the WIFI board is underneath the board and easy to damage it or the two other ribbons that are all bunched together. And it's not certain the problem is even in the WIFI board. (Lots of other stuff has to work for the WIFI to work)
I would recommend sending it to a shop for repair. I'm pretty sure either of our sponsors can do this repair. The Sponsors are:
@Yuneec Skins (West Coast)
@joe@vertigodrones (East Coast)

Attachments

• 20230322_214252.jpg
    20230322_214252.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230322_214243.jpg
    20230322_214243.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20230322_214124.jpg
    20230322_214124.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230322_214117.jpg
    20230322_214117.jpg
    982.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230322_214100.jpg
    20230322_214100.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 10
Have you tried another SD card? Have you formatted the SD card FAT32 and tried again.

SD can be:
- defect
- too big
- too slow
- wrong file system
- not supported kind

To exclude all this another fresh SD card U3, V30 or better V60 may help.

br HE

Reactions: Jeremywarden
Continuous red light indicates a software error of the video board.

To rule out the WIFI board, you can go into PAD mode and look under WIFI to see if the C23 camera is displayed.

If it is the video board, this can be fixed by a technician with the right software.

If the video or WIFI board is defective, it must be replaced. Caution... fiddly work, where you can break even more.

Best regards from Switzerland,
Enrico

Although it's unlikely to help, there are two small holes behind the sd card slot on the bottom of the camera. While the camera is on, you can insert a bent paper clip into each hole and press the reset button.

You can also go to the Pad wifi menu, select the camera and then select "Forget". Go back to the binding menu and see if the camera shows up after pressing the refresh arrows a few times.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval