Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Now that DataPilot is released

Doesn't need the SDK, Its only 2 existing parameters in PX4 but Yuneec don't give write access to them and can't be bothered to change them and issue a mode version

RC_MAP_THROTTLE (1=mode 2 & 3 = mode 1) RC_MAP_PITCH (3=mode 2 & 1 = mode 1)

Doesn't need the SDK, Its only 2 existing parameters in PX4 but Yuneec don't give write access to them and can't be bothered to change them and issue a mode version

RC_MAP_THROTTLE (1=mode 2 & 3 = mode 1) RC_MAP_PITCH (3=mode 2 & 1 = mode 1)
Email yuneec and tell them. If users take up inquiries with the company on settings, maybe Yuneec will add in the features you are looking for.

Reactions: IRIS
Email yuneec and tell them. If users take up inquiries with the company on settings, maybe Yuneec will add in the features you are looking for.
Have sent over a dozen email on the subject to Yuneec UK, Europe and China, the UK guys replied that it will be in the next update (supposed to be mid December but now date unknown), the European guys reply was to suggest I contact China and the Chinese have never acknowledged or replied to any of my emails

There is only one thing that changes per region, the camera's firmware, due to differences in the regulations governing the output power of the video signal. All other firmwares are exactly the same, at least until now......

With the images Bob has put on, we know that they are moving and in good direction, very useful functionalities :D

As SeeHigher comments in a short time, with some delays, we will have that big update that was announced. If it stops raining or snowing the same way, we can try it when it comes out ;)

Reactions: IRIS
Do you guys know or think the pix4d capture flight software can just replace datapilot and solve the mentioned issues? I read that they are going to support/develop for the h520.

Do you guys know or think the pix4d capture flight software can just replace datapilot and solve the mentioned issues? I read that they are going to support/develop for the h520.
I'm sure someone will develop a third party flight control system. But I am also sure that when a crash happens while flying on third party software the H520 warranty will be voided.

At the moment, as far as I can tell, the SDK does not support manual flight, so it would only be able to provide QGroundControl style fully autonomous missions. It may be a while before we see third party tools that reach parity with DataPilot - and there's not much incentive to write a full system when there's one given away free with every H520.

Reactions: zandoli
Does anyone know it the ‘Yuneec DataPilot’ software system will ever be made available for the Typhoon H or is this going to remain a sole priority for the Typhoon H520?

Does anyone know it the ‘Yuneec DataPilot’ software system will ever be made available for the Typhoon H or is this going to remain a sole priority for the Typhoon H520?

Flight controllers are different, so the answer is no. Another thing is that they develop the functionalities in the H480. I honestly don't think that will happen because it is a drone not intended for the same market as the H520.

DataPilot is based on the Mavlink protocol, Typhoon H is based on a proprietary system. The chance DataPilot migrates to the H is very slim/non-existance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold