Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OBS Not Working

Reaction score
Website
camdan.me
For some reason, it appears that OBS doesn't work properly on my H+.

When it is activated, the drone always seems to think there is something in front and slightly to the left, and it refuses to move forward, even if the area around it is clear for hundreds of feet.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on or how to fix this?

The drone is with or without a RealSense?

The RealSense, except all the rest bad habits, has something, which is called a "virtual obstacle". In the module is installed a few GB memory, which is a FIFO style (first in - first out). This means if the obstacle is present at some time, doesn't matter was temporal or permanent, this one will mess the movement for a long time ahead.

If your drone is without RS, just check the controller's final values from sticks. How to do this for plus I don't know, but I'm sure there are people who know and will help.

Last edited:
Another quick thought might be that the sensors are not properly aligned behind the holes in the drone.
Your description seems to imply the drone moves normally if OBS is turned off. Is this correct?

Just goes up in my mind. Somewhere I have read about dusty sensors. Check this and clean it with compressed air.

Reactions: WTFDproject
The drone is with or without a RealSense?

The RealSense, except all the rest bad habits, has something, which is called a "virtual obstacle". In the module is installed a few GB memory, which is a FIFO style (first in - first out). This means if the obstacle is present at some time, doesn't matter was temporal or permanent, this one will mess the movement for a long time ahead.
It does have the RealSense module installed. That would actually all make sense- I'm assuming at one point someone was standing there in front of the drone.

Is there a way to purge this memory somehow?

Your description seems to imply the drone moves normally if OBS is turned off. Is this correct?
That is correct, the drone works perfectly without OBS.

Just goes up in my mind. Somewhere I have read about dusty sensors. Check this and clean it with compressed air.
Already done that, no effect.

Based on all of this info, I think that the memory thing would be the issue. Is it worth it to remove the RealSense module, or should I keep it and just not use OBS in areas where it still thinks there's obstacles?

Based on all of this info, I think that the memory thing would be the issue. Is it worth it to remove the RealSense module, or should I keep it and just not use OBS in areas where it still thinks there's obstacles?
The decision is yours. Hold in mind, something like this with the virtuality can happen when you want to land...

The decision is yours. Hold in mind, something like this with the virtuality can happen when you want to land...
Are there any any pros of keeping the RealSense module? Is it more accurate than just the ultrasonic distance sensors, or is it just kind of useless/badly designed?

There are pro’s and con’s to any type of obstacle avoidance systems. What are the circumstances of your flights that you have the OBS enabled?

The sonar sensors will stop the aircraft and alert you that there is an obstacle. You will have to back up a bit and navigate around that obstacle. The same happens with RealSense installed when you are flying in Angle Mode.

Flying in Smart Mode with just the forward looking sonar sensors and OBS enabled the aircraft will halt and wait for you to pilot it around the obstacle. With RealSense and OBS enabled the aircraft will sense and avoid obstacles when using Follow or Watch Me. In those modes the aircraft flies facing its direction of travel and the camera pans to keep the subject in view.

If you switch to RTL mode and OBS is enabled, the sonar sensors will stop the aircraft and allow you to pilot around the obstacle. With RealSense the aircraft will pilot around obstacles on its own.

Any time that OBS is enabled you will find that the aircraft is limited in speed compared to without OBS enabled.

In the end it all depends on the type of flying you do and what you expect of the systems incorporated on the aircraft.

I just reviewed your original post in this thread. Is your problem like what is seen in this video starting at the 2:58 mark?

Last edited:
His H Plus was replaced with a new H Plus kit so the resolution to this problem is still somewhat of a mystery.

Have you ever plugged a USB cable into the port on the RealSense module?

Have you removed the RealSense module and see if the problem abates?

Have you ever plugged a USB cable into the port on the RealSense module?

Have you removed the RealSense module and see if the problem abates?
I've never connected it to USB, I don't have any sort of software to handle it. (Or does it just act as an external storage drive with some sort of local SQL DB or something?)

Never removed it, I'm not hugely concerned about OBS. I just want to make sure there isn't something bigger wrong with the drone/RealSense module.

I only asked about connecting a USB cable because I’m not sure what it would affect if you did. It was assumed it would be a port for updating the RealSense module, but no updates were ever released. There is also no documentation for Yuneec’s implementation of RealSense.

If the RealSense is removed you could test to see if the RealSense was the problem or an issue with the sonar sensors mounted in the front is causing the issue. You don’t even have to remove it to check just disconnect the cables going to it and turn it off in the software settings.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop