Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Options for replacing a Gimbal/Cam on a Q500 HD

Reaction score
I have a Q500 HD in great shape and flying beautifully. It came to me with a swapped out CGO2+ gimbal/cam that has issues:
( CGO2+ Gimbal issues (Slow response and random movement))

My question is about purchasing a new gimbal/cam setup for it. Should I stick with the CGO3 to maintain full camera control with the St-10+ or should I consider a GB203 Gimbal, MK58 downlink and use a GoPro? Or is there something I'm missing? Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Wow...Crickets...Oh well....
So I ordered a brand new CGO3 for $250 from an Amazon seller :
https://www.amazon.com/YUNEEC-CGO3-...UTF8&qid=1519337880&sr=8-1&keywords=q500+cgo3
It arrived today...new, sealed in box with extra slide mount, an SD to Micro SD adapter and a micro SD in the camera. Connected to Q500 with supplied cable and did a new Bind with the Q500 and CGO3....It works like a champ. Super fast gimbal response and perfect video feed. I'll get it up in the air when the weather improves, but it looks like a winner. Great deal on a new unit.

Last edited:
Congrats. Glad you got it sorted.

The crickets might be because most folks have a complete working unit, whether new or refurbished, rather than just used from "some guy on Ebay/Amazon". It sucks that sellers can't be more up-front, but that's what negative feedback is for.
The other reason for crickets might be because several other people are in the same boat, and have no answer.

I'm not sure what you are referring to about "some guy on Ebay/Amazon" and sellers being up front. I got a really good deal on a nice flying bird with a camera that I knew full well had some issues. I tried to diagnose and repair it on my own and since I wasn't able to get it working, I was really just curious to see what other approaches people might have taken to deal with a camera/gimbal replacement. Thought I might get some feedback on the specific options I mentioned or possibly something I was not aware of.
I'm having a good time with the Q500, despite it's dubious range, it's a decent & inexpensive rig to fly.
~Happy Hovering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinlevin