Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ORTHOMAP

Reaction score
Hi, did anyone of you try to make with default setup of yuneec q500 4k ?
I have an interesting assignment but I am not sure if the outcome can be good enough. I think I could handle with technicallities but I am not sure if I should try to start even make research on that topic with my setup.

Thanks in advance
Piotr

I need to check that, on the camera did not see it, but if exist most probably will be on the RC card.

Good Morning I just did not buy Yuneec drones because I did not have photogrammetry resources, such as a polygraph, flight plan, geography, etc. I would appreciate it very much and find a way to do photogrammetry with the Thyphoon or the Q500, as they are quite good.

Are you referring to the telemetry data?...
Yes, but it's not just the telemetry data. You also need to plot flight plan with some software like Dronedeploy, and I do not know how to do this for the Yuneec drones

In fact, here in Brazil we are limited to dji models in topography, as they only develop applications for photogrammetry for them. For example, it would be great if the Q500 could be traced a standalone flight to create a mosaic of photos.

Hi I think it is possible to create orthomap as I have found for example in ArcGis program if you do not have EXIF files (did not find such yet) then you can provide csv file with
citing from the page (Ortho mapping workspace for drone imagery—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop):
"The image Geolocation information includes information about the drone imagery, such as latitude, longitude, and altitude. The geolocation is normally stored in the image EXIF metadata, but if this is not available, you need to provide a GPS text file (such as .csv) that defines the image geolocation. The information required in the GPS file includes Image Name, Latitude, Longitude, and Altitude, and optionally Omega, Phi, and Kappa."

Anyway the csv is available with required data. So it seems like possible, dont you think ?
Regards
Piotr

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 21
  • telemetry.png
    telemetry.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: chimpax
Q500 has no waypoints or other possibility of flight planning. Typhoon H has CCC waypoints (Cable cam) and there is also the possibility to use real waypoints from H920+ by a trick.

But EXIF data do not contain the GPS data. The only way would be to extract the date/time from EXIF (accuracy only +/- 1 sec) and compare with timestamp in telemetry data to find latitude, longitude, altitude (altidude is also relative to startpoint, not absolute).
EXIF_CGO3.png

More about telemetry data is here in the appendix: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

But I think, for real Orthomaps it needs better equiment than consumer drones.

br HE

This workflow is very interesting for geo tagging stills from any source. Great work.
You can skip the work with Excel stuff, using Q500log2kml. It will also generate GPX files and have already Zulu time stamps in. No additional work needed. Simply hit 'Convert' and all FlightLogs with real flights in will be converted in a batch.
Download link is in the above mentioned document about telemetry data.

br HE

great work, thanks ! I will be back when I will go through the workflow thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval