Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Out to Pasture (and Back Again)

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
This is the video you have all been waiting for! Okay I'm pulling your collective leg, but in the event you actually have been waiting for this video, you need to get a life.

The only reason I have not posted a video before is because I have no video editing software, and even less ability to use it if I had it. Since most videos require some editing, this means most everything I shoot can't be shared as is. Until yesterday!!

I went out with no particular plan in mind and shot this video, making it up as I went along. I'm very impressed with the result, even willing to share it, uncut, unedited- straight off the MicroSD card as shot. So please be kind, this is my first Rodeo!

After some small jerky course corrections very early on, I get my heading and just continue in straight line out and back. At about 1:05 I decided to start panning the camera to the left. It creates an optical illusion that I am turning the aircraft but I am not, and the illusion soon becomes apparent as it continues on a straight path. I'm liking this effect a lot and will start playing around with it more. (Thanks to @AeroJ for the idea)

OP EDIT: This is a 60fps video, it may not play on all computers, So I have posted a 30fps version for anyone having trouble with the 60fsp playing smoothly. You will find it in Post #6 below.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!!
Simply fantastic DCH.
Beautiful scenery, the first few seconds of your video would make great pics for screensaver.
Good job on your panning, it was slow enough not to cause blur.:cool:??

WoW! Thanks! That's across the road from my house, about a 500 foot walk from my door. I'm lucky to have such a nice photogenic spot to fly that's so close. For orientation, at 2:06 into the video the video you are looking due north and looking straight back at my property, which is just behind the tree line.

It's calving season now -as you can see, and that's why the eagles are hanging around in my trees, they like the bovine afterbirth!

Nice on the fly video DCH. Good subject matter and beautiful area to fly in. Nice smooth job of panning. ?

Reactions: DCH and Docdor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold