Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Overcast and/or night flight??

Reaction score
I've seen video of folks flying their Breeze at night, and have also seen warnings against flying in overcast conditions! Whats the official word on flying in darkness or overcast skies?

The FAA does not smile on flying at night. I think overcast would be OK as long as you can maintain a LOS to the aircraft.
Thanks for the info. Yeah..I thought that was correct as far as the FAA's view on night flying.....I should have worded it differently because what I really wanted to know is if anyone here has had any problems/issues while flying in overcast conditions. I can see my ipad screen much better when it is overcast! I know that GPS shouldn't be affected due to overcast or cloudy conditions, but not so sure about the optical sensors.

If anyone knows, please weigh in here! Thanks....

Overcast in my understanding is in the following order: GND, AC, Clouds 8 octer. So there is clear visibility from ground to the aircraft(Breeze). That condition should pose no problems to the Breeze's sensors. Another matter is when one flies his or her Breeze into fog or clouds. Then the sensors might get confused. So there should be no difference between sunny, clouded or overvast when you fly your Breeze as long as the Breeze can "see" the ground.

Reactions: jim_w
I've seen video of folks flying their Breeze at night, and have also seen warnings against flying in overcast conditions! Whats the official word on flying in darkness or overcast skies?
If your a hobiest ok if your 107 certified 1/2 hr before Dawn and 1/2 hr after not recommended on overcast.
Now with all that being said, just because someone is a hobiest it doesn't excuse them from knowing the regs that apply as well can still be held accountable.

I fly mine with high intensity just because the drone gets freaked out with IR sensors landing. But that's just me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33