Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Part 107 testing fee military

Reaction score
Wasn't exactly sure what section to put this under but wanted to share some info that may be of use in regards to taking the Remote pilot part 107 exam. I discovered if you are military whether it be current or retired if you are looking to take the exam and there is a military installation near year that is offering it your exam fee is waived. Also discovered on the PSI website that fees for other areas varied so $150.00 is no longer the standard. Anyways hope all of you are staying healthy and safe any questions on this ill do my best to answer.

Reactions: johnnyb57
I took my recurrent a while back and the cost is now 160.00 though some places claim it's 95.00 but then they add 65.00 as a 'convenience' fee so it is still 160.00, though the military discount is whatever it is but for civilians it's gonna be the full price.

Also please note: Some testing centers in the US are closed currently due to the Corona Virus until further notice. HERE is a list of all closures due to Covid19 (scroll down and choose your country).

My understanding is that the FAA has not yet made any determination as to extending the duration of certification for those that may be due to take their recurrent. Basically if your two years is up and you can't take the test their saying your not able to operate under your 107 until you take and pass the recurrent. I suspect many folks will be grounded for a while until this clears.

FAA Test Centers are Closed. What Happens to New Pilots and Part 107 Renewals?

Last edited:
Correct most if not all are closed and those are still the fees for the civilian side and in order to do the exam for free on the military side you have to have a military ID and it will more than likely be done on a military post. I just took mine today at the local Army Aviation installation and passed with a 77% not my best work wording in some of the questions got me.
I took my recurrent a while back and the cost is now 160.00 though some places claim it's 95.00 but then they add 65.00 as a 'convenience' fee so it is still 160.00, though the military discount is whatever it is but for civilians it's gonna be the full price.

Also please note: Some testing centers in the US are closed currently due to the Corona Virus until further notice. HERE is a list of all closures due to Covid19 (scroll down and choose your country).

My understanding is that the FAA has not yet made any determination as to extending the duration of certification for those that may be due to take their recurrent. Basically if your two years is up and you can't take the test their saying your not able to operate under your 107 until you take and pass the recurrent. I suspect many folks will be grounded for a while until this clears.

FAA Test Centers are Closed. What Happens to New Pilots and Part 107 Renewals?

Thank you yeah those were real head scratchers at times I was scoring 90s or above on my practice exams but nevertheless im glad I passed already got everything put into IACRA so now im just waiting for the world to get back to normal so I can put it to good use.
Well congrats on the pass. Yes the wording to those tests and the answers are very tricky.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis