Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PC AS FLIGHT VIEWING, INSTEAD OF PHONE

Reaction score
What do I need to fly through my phone and controller, and view flight on my pc at same time. thanks

what are you flying?
I have a mantis q with a fpv camera on top, but, trying to use a spare laptop as ground station. Would be nice to have the mantis camera screen, 1080 to my PC but would settle for the fpv camera.. Looking for best connection to pc if even possible. thks AH-1G

You don't have HDMI output on mantis controller?
Why do you want to see it on laptop?

Sounds like it Hawkeye, 'll check all the types of usb , hdmi's needed , I suppose thks !

You can also load some WiFi security cam programs on your PC to view what is coming off the cameras. The free versions usually have only a small image, and a whole lot of controls you don't need. Maybe some of the paid versions will let you go full screen? Been a long time, so don't remember much about it. I used it "back in the day" for adjusting focus on CG01 cameras.

You can also load some WiFi security cam programs on your PC to view what is coming off the cameras. The free versions usually have only a small image, and a whole lot of controls you don't need. Maybe some of the paid versions will let you go full screen? Been a long time, so don't remember much about it. I used it "back in the day" for adjusting focus on CG01 cameras.
I believe the car wash down town has reasonably large picture. I will check that out. Thank you advice.

What do I need to fly through my phone and controller, and view flight on my pc at same time. thanks

Hi @FINNY, did you solve your question?

You only need 5 GHz Wifi connectivity, get an USB Wifi if not built-in.

As @WTFDproject suggested, you can use any stream player RSTP capable. For your PC you may install VideoLAN VLC Player, picomixer PMPlayer, or any other, an connect to rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live

You may connect several devices/players, only depends on bandwidth, wich decreases with distance. Check attached videos (VLC has a noticeable lag because I forgot to reduce prebuffer, 1 sec. by default).

Be aware that your controller will lose connection for a few seconds every time you establish a new video stream connection, don't do it while flying ;-)

Tip: I had a good time reading your post "making all mistakes" and loved The Kite and its grasshopper appearance, you could try an Arduino or Raspberry Pi and any cheap HDMI glasses for VR

Attachments

• 1PC_2CH_mp4.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 2PC_2CH_mp4.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member