Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pelican case with custom foam

Reaction score
image.jpg I'm getting a bit fed up walking around with my H box looking as if I've just come out of a shop. I have spoken to pelican UK and they do custom design foams such as the one in this picture, the foam would be custom fit for the 1620 pelican protector case, would anyone else in the Uk be interested in purchasing this kind of case for their H?

View attachment 1452 I'm getting a bit fed up walking around with my H box looking as if I've just come out of a shop. I have spoken to pelican UK and they do custom design foams such as the one in this picture, the foam would be custom fit for the 1620 pelican protector case, would anyone else in the Uk be interested in purchasing this kind of case for their H?
Very nice. I have the Pelican 1610 and I used the pick & pluck foam and did it myself. Do you know much Pelican charged to do the custom foam?

Think the design is around £70, Then they can produce the custom foams but I am unsure as yet how much they will cost, would be quite beneficial to get some CAD drawings of the H , the ST16 and other bits for a good design :)

Count me in I have a peli case but just usd the pluck and pick foam with good results but this is better

Count me in I have a peli case but just usd the pluck and pick foam with good results but this is better
Watch out for how the gimbal is supported like in the original foam or not, in the original its got support on all sides, in many after market foams it's free to load shocks onto the gimbal rail on the H.
You might want to take the camera off and put in separately into it's own compartment or make sure this foam in the area round the camera is a replica of the original supporting foam.

Reactions: Reasty
Very nice. I have the Pelican 1610 and I used the pick & pluck foam and did it myself. Do you know much Pelican charged to do the custom foam?

I'm a 1610 man because I have one knocking around - the H foam insert would be great but I've no idea what the practical difference is compared to the 1620. I do not really want to buy yet another Peli case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval