Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Phantom updates

Reaction score
Has any one else had this experience?
Mt ST16S said I needed to update my software, I was hoping it would bring a 1 sec time-lapse feature or something similarly useful.
So after I pressed update, I waited, and then waited and waited some more and then nothing.
The update screen disappeared and went back to the opening screen, no updating to drone process, no unzipping upgrades etc etc.

Attachments

• IMG_25921.jpg
    IMG_25921.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2593.jpg
    IMG_2593.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • firmware.jpg
    firmware.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
Your controller is displaying that you have Build 822/829 installed. This is the latest official Firmware.
I too get this occasionally and was told by Yuneec that it is an anomaly and there is no newer (official) update available. Usually this "Update" condition only last about a day then it will say "No Update Needed" again.

I have beta tested a newer firmware but it was unstable so I am awaiting another firmware to test. I am in the habit of checking all three OTA sites every day for updates, in hopes the newest one will fix my un-commanded ascent and my gimbal buzz.problems.

Your controller is displaying that you have Build 822/829 installed. This is the latest official Firmware.
I too get this occasionally and was told by Yuneec that it is an anomaly and there is no newer (official) update available. Usually this "Update" condition only last about a day then it will say "No Update Needed" again.

I have beta tested a newer firmware but it was unstable so I am awaiting another firmware to test. I am in the habit of checking all three OTA sites every day for updates, in hopes the newest one will fix my un-commanded ascent and my gimbal buzz.problems.
How loud is the buzz on yours?

How loud is the buzz on yours?
It varies greatly from none at all to full blown chatter where it shakes violently and is unusable. I have not found anything that consistently causes it to happen, however adding weight to the gimbal when it is happening usually makes it go away. It is something I have learned to live with, ...but I shouldn't have to.:mad:

I don't know about anyone else but why would you want to be a beta tester for firmware update? Talk about the likely hood of coming out on the short end of the deal..are you kidding....they give you a program and ask you to tell us what went wrong..Nasa has some job openings...testing out brand new space suits in space for the first time...why would ya?

I don't know about anyone else but why would you want to be a beta tester for firmware update? Talk about the likely hood of coming out on the short end of the deal..are you kidding....they give you a program and ask you to tell us what went wrong..Nasa has some job openings...testing out brand new space suits in space for the first time...why would ya?
We aren't sure what the arrangement is with the tester. He maybe is supplied with the hardware to test the equipment, or has a recourse to rectify any problems occurring, with replacement equipment. Or has sufficient equipment to carry out Beta testing without it affecting him.

.....Or has sufficient equipment to carry out Beta testing without it affecting him......

And is most likely experienced and knowledgable enough to not do anything risky or dangerous, and can handle emergency situations.

We aren't sure what the arrangement is with the tester. He maybe is supplied with the hardware to test the equipment, or has a recourse to rectify any problems occurring, with replacement equipment. Or has sufficient equipment to carry out Beta testing without it affecting him.
And is most likely experienced and knowledgable enough to not do anything risky or dangerous, and can handle emergency situations.
Yes, and yes. And honored that Yuneec values my experience and feedback. :cool:

Well if you return to his post he still has the irritating gimble issue..the problem wasn't resolved by yuneec as they are in "discovery" ... he is flying his own stuff or he wouldn't be upset..and as far as you feel good that yuneec used you and now your bird is messed up..brings me back to the point of why would you...I love my hex and I will continue to avoid firmware confrontation till proven...no sense in riding a donkey when you were on a horse...

Without Beta Testing, we would all be the beta testers. Those who do the Beta Testing are making an enormous contribution to the hobby. They deserve gratitude and respect from those of us who benefit from their contribution. They most certainly do NOT deserve to be ridiculed and challenged by those who do not understand the process of the contribution, or the resources and capabilities of those making the contribution.

@DCH,

Glad to see that Yuneec has picked someone stateside that can actually do a real beta test and give them reliable feedback. I know you are very much up to the task!

Your H Plus has been plagued with the hyperactive gimbal from the very beginning and you have tried every firmware hoping that Yuneec had solved the issue. Some versions doing a better job than others. Hopefully your feedback will result in a more stable and functional firmware.

@DCH,
Glad to see that Yuneec has picked someone stateside that can actually do a real beta test and give them reliable feedback. I know you are very much up to the task!

You need glasses or a proof reader Doom! You left out "Botching up" before the words "The task"! Never loose sight of who you are dealing with here!?
Your H Plus has been plagued with the hyperactive gimbal from the very beginning and you have tried every firmware hoping that Yuneec had solved the issue.
It seems like the C23 gimbal was always on the edge of buzz. Some exhibiting very slight buzz very occasionally, others suffering from it more regularly to varying degrees, but most are getting by without issue. Mine is one of the worst cases reported, go figure! Yuneec released previous builds that were specifically intended to address the buzz, but no firmware to date has really fixed it for me or anyone with buzz issues. But since most C23 gimbals don't suffer, it doesn't seem to be a very high priority. However I was told it will be addressed in the future. I'm not holding my breath, because I can easily manage it by placing a little weight in the right place which keeps in under control.

You need glasses or a proof reader Doom! You left out "Botching up" before the words "The task"! Never loose sight of who you are dealing with here!?

It seems like the C23 gimbal was always on the edge of buzz. Some exhibiting very slight buzz very occasionally, others suffering from it more regularly to varying degrees, but most are getting by without issue. Mine is one of the worst cases reported, go figure! Yuneec released previous builds that were specifically intended to address the buzz, but no firmware to date has really fixed it for me or anyone with buzz issues. But since most C23 gimbals don't suffer, it doesn't seem to be a very high priority. However I was told it will be addressed in the future. I'm not holding my breath, because I can easily manage it by placing a little weight in the right place which keeps in under control.
Yep!

You are the poster child for modesty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval