Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
I think one of the challenges of making an aerial video or photograph appealing is to get the subject framed correctly - composition. The fact that we are using a moving platform requires a little more attention to let the scene unfold before it passes. Here are two videos that I like; the first is about the "Six Rules" and while some of this applies more to shooting subjects on the ground, like people - it is good to have these in the back of your mind. The second is a good discussion on composition and how important it is to correctly compose a shot with some really good tips and insight.

I just had to share this with you all:
From DP Review:
"Unfortunately, capturing both aurora and eclipse in a single exposure is not possible, something Briscoe revealed in a comment on YouTube:

It is a composite video. The difference between the settings required to properly expose the moon and the Aurora is too great to do it in a single shot. The 360 camera was set to expose the Aurora and Landscape, while a second camera attached to a telephoto lens was used to time lapse the lunar eclipse itself. I combined them in post.

Without the second timelapse, the moon, even during eclipse totality, was bright enough to cause a white dot in the sky at the settings I had to use.

Of course, the fact that it was composited doesn't mean it was easy to shoot. Responding to a comment on YouTube, Briscoe revealed that it was -31°F (-35°C) out that night, so just getting his 360° rig (a custom-built array of numerous 35mm DSLRs) to work and staying warm for the three hours it took to shoot this was a challenge!"

I think one of the challenges of making an aerial video or photograph appealing is to get the subject framed correctly - composition. The fact that we are using a moving platform requires a little more attention to let the scene unfold before it passes. Here are two videos that I like; the first is about the "Six Rules" and while some of this applies more to shooting subjects on the ground, like people - it is good to have these in the back of your mind. The second is a good discussion on composition and how important it is to correctly compose a shot with some really good tips and insight.

Thanks for sharing these, Ty. Plenty to learn.
But, I couldn't stop giggling at the PooPourri commercial.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval