Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pitch (Tilt) Encoder Wiring

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to start off by thanking all of you for all I have learned in my time browsing these forums, especially the WTFDproject. Usually I can find the solution to my issue without posting about it, but this latest problem has me a bit baffled.

Last fall I let a coworker borrow my Typhoon H for a church function to get some overhead shots since I was going to be out of state that weekend. Anyway she took it a couple of days before hand to practice and never did fly it as she was scared she would crash it. Anyway she gave it back to me and I never checked it out, I just put the case in the corner for a couple of months and kind of forgot about it. Flash forward to a couple of weeks ago and my boss needed some pictures of our new garage I took the drone out and it wouldn't fly or do anything except beep. Eventually I got the unit flying beautifully thanks to you all, but it still had the beep and I could not move the camera, it would snap pics and take video of wherever the camera was pointing but nothing except weird movements and shutters on startup and then beep codes. I found out the beep codes were for the pitch encoder so thanks to the WTFDproject I was able to get the camera apart and get the encoder unplugged. Well when I got ends of the wire loose and went to start untangling it, the wires just slipped out in 2 different directions. Somehow when she stored the camera the pitch encoder wires got stretched beyond their braking point. I have attached a photo of what I'm working with currently.

Anyway no big deal I thought, I went on the Yuneec website and ordered another, it seemed worth the $26 to not have to worry about the wire coming apart again. However my issue now is that I placed an order on 3/2 and they will haven't given me any indication that the part has shipped or when it will. I have contacted them twice and got one response saying they were looking into it. My next thought was ok if I can find the wiring diagram for the encoder maybe I can solder them back together or else find some wiring that will work and I will just cancel my order with Yuneec. So there in lies my question, do any of you have a wiring diagram that will show where the 3 wires connects on each end?

Thank you.

Attachments

• encoder.jpg
    encoder.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: WTFDproject
The Pitch and Roll encoders are wired in the same order. And the order is the same for both CGo3 and CG03+.
The attached drawing shows two pictures. The duplication is not to illustrate two different wiring patterns, but is an attempt to point out the wiring order on the "plug" end will appear backwards if viewing the plug from the other side. That actually happened to one of our members who did not fully understand the original picture. The original picture showed the plug only from one side.

Thanks for the shout-out on the WTFDproject document. It is appreciated. This drawing is actually Attachment 16 of that document.

Roll and pitch Motor Encoder.jpg

The Pitch and Roll encoders are wired in the same order. And the order is the same for both CGo3 and CG03+.
The attached drawing shows two pictures. The duplication is not to illustrate two different wiring patterns, but is an attempt to point out the wiring order on the "plug" end will appear backwards if viewing the plug from the other side. That actually happened to one of our members who did not fully understand the original picture. The original picture showed the plug only from one side.

Thanks for the shout-out on the WTFDproject document. It is appreciated. This drawing is actually Attachment 16 of that document.

View attachment 20658

All you guys rock.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval