Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Power inverter

T

TomC9000

I have read a few of the threads on this, in the forum and it seems that most like to use generators for on the road charging. In my case, I will not have the time or space to use a generator, as I will be moving furniture and stuff from California to Maine (3000 miles) in a few days. I would like to charge while I am driving, most likely only one battery at a time. I have a Venom Produo which has a 11V-18V XT60 DC plug, which I have made a lighter adapter or would it be better to get the inverter? Also I will not being staying at any motels, just sleeping in the truck, so can't plug in anywhere.

I have read a few of the threads on this, in the forum and it seems that most like to use generators for on the road charging. In my case, I will not have the time or space to use a generator, as I will be moving furniture and stuff from California to Maine (3000 miles) in a few days. I would like to charge while I am driving, most likely only one battery at a time. I have a Venom Produo which has a 11V-18V XT60 DC plug, which I have made a lighter adapter or would it be better to get the inverter? Also I will not being staying at any motels, just sleeping in the truck, so can't plug in anywhere.

Tom,

May I ask what batteries you are wanting to charge (what is your fleet as to charging needs)?

Jeff

Tom,

May I ask what batteries you are wanting to charge (what is your fleet as to charging needs)?

Jeff
Sorry, I should have put that in there. I'll be charging Typhoon H batteries, most likely only one at a time as I see something along the road I would like to photo or video.

Sorry, I should have put that in there. I'll be charging Typhoon H batteries, most likely only one at a time as I see something along the road I would like to photo or video.

How many times are you really going to stop, and for how many batteries (flight time including prep and breakdown)? Bet it is not going to be as often as you anticipate. Even so, a battery or two at each stop should give enough drive time (to recharge) before stopping again.

As to my own mantra, keep it simple! I see two options:

1) have you tested your DC adapter to see if it will work with your Venom? If it does, then why the need for an inverter?

2) do you still have the car adapter for the stock charger? If so, that is another option for your trip.

If you have multiple ports in your vehicle, you could have both connected at the same time. Just be careful not to overload your electrical system!

Jeff

How many times are you really going to stop, and for how many batteries (flight time including prep and breakdown)? Bet it is not going to be as often as you anticipate. Even so, a battery or two at each stop should give enough drive time (to recharge) before stopping again.

As to my own mantra, keep it simple! I see two options:

1) have you tested your DC adapter to see if it will work with your Venom? If it does, then why the need for an inverter?

2) do you still have the car adapter for the stock charger? If so, that is another option for your trip.

If you have multiple ports in your vehicle, you could have both connected at the same time. Just be careful not to overload your electrical system!

Jeff
I do use the stock charger for the ST16 but don't like to use it for the batteries. I have four batteries but hopefully will only use one at each stop. My truck has 3 DC outlets, Ram2500 Diesel. I will test the DC adapter later today.

Truck stops along the way should be able to provide some short term plug in access...

Truck stops along the way should be able to provide some short term plug in access...
On the four trips I've done before, truck stops are where I sleep but the AC plugs are in the buildings and I would have to stay with the charger while it did it's thing, I would rather sleep. LOL

Reactions: PatR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20