Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem to charge batteries

Reaction score
My H+ have not been used for a while and when I going to charge the batteries its starts good, but after about one minute its starts to blink blue (error). This happens with both batteries, but this wasn't a problem before I put it away. I can charge the ST16 without any problem. Can both batteries get defected at the same time or can it be the charger?

Reactions: Mark Winn
It mostly depends on the charge level of the batteries when you stored them. Storing at full charge or at a level below 50% can harm the batteries. Your LiHV batteries for the H Plus should be stored at 3.9V/cell (15.4V/pack) and monitored once a month to insure they have not had a cell drop below 3.35V.

If you have a multimeter measure the DC voltage of each cell of both batteries and report your results here.
262CC489-6934-4872-A147-CE6DB14488C8.jpeg
Black lead on left terminal and red on the next to measure cell 1. For the other cells move both leads to the right one terminal. The two outer terminals are the main terminals and carry the full voltage for the aircraft.

Hi, I have measured the batteries and

Battery no 1

cell 1 = 4,22
cell 2 = 3,88
cell 3 = 3,86
cell 4 = 4,24

Battery no 2

cell 1 = 3,82
cell 2 = 2,26
cell 3 = 3,80
cell 4 = 3,78

Best regards

Roy Bjerke Olsen

As a general rule, it is considered that in a good LIPO battery, the difference between two cells should not exceed 0.03 volts. A maximum deviation of 0.07 volts is considered fatal for the battery.
For Battery 1, there is a maximum difference of 0.38 volts.
For Battery 2, there is a maximum difference of 1.56 volts.
There, it is hot and difficult to adapt.
But for battery 1, if it is recoverable if it has not worked much and at the end of the race.
There are unloaders / Balancers (be careful not charger), which is responsible for balancing each cell on the value of the lowest.
In the example of the battery 1, we take the balancing value on 3.86 (cell 3) and the balancer will work on cells 1, 2 and 4 to also lower them to 3.86 volts.
You need a suitable balancing cord for the battery and plug the balancer into it.
Once all the cells are at 3.86, put the battery back on charge.
If the cells are correct, they should be well balanced at the end of the charge (max 0.03v difference between cells). otherwise, end of life or keep the battery for tests or updates but no longer for flight.
There you have it, the balancer I use.
For a charging cord with balancing cable, you must also find some, it is the same cord for H520, H +, H3.
Equilibreur.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Battery 1 is likely to be recoverable with a balancer. Battery 2 appears to have a bad cell 2 and may not be recoverable.

Thank you for your replies and I understand that I have to buy a adapter to charge each cells. Where can I buy that equipment and what's the price, will it cost the same as a new battery?

Ok, thank you for your help, but It was out of order in Yuneecskins. I will try to get it later.
You might try @PGL Drone techniek in the Netherlands to see if they may have them in stock. Just click on the username and select Start Conversation.

The H+ leads can be very difficult to find. If you do, buy what you need and a couple extra.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval