Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop broke at 190’

Reaction score
I was flying this evening with my daughter and best friend when I saw something black fly off the drone and then it went shooting down really nuts. Got to it and half of the rear B prop was gone. I have been very diligent about inspecting for any weak looking stops before I install them and making sure they spin freely before take off. This was the end of about a 14 minute flight we were bringing it in to land. Broke the wires on the gimbal, busted the body up pretty good and broke off one leg. My best friend who was out there with me repairs electronics for a living and thinks he can fix the wires on the camera no problem. Everything else on it looks fine. Have to order a new body and new gimbal bumpers. And will definitely order carbon fiber props before flying again. Luckily it was this evening after I got home from vacation and it was over a field. No one got hurt and I think the drone is repairable.

• Wow
Reactions: Andrew Grant
No. I never noticed that before. Two of the sets that I have do though. This set does not. This is the set that was on it when I bought it.

you have to use yuneec props or carbon fiber it happened to me on both the q500 and yuneec h name brand only for me and for now on good luck its a pain in *** to rebuild but worth it

No. I never noticed that before. Two of the sets that I have do though. This set does not. This is the set that was on it when I bought it.
That is the reason it broke. If they do not have Yuneec's name embedded, then throw them away. The cheap aftermarket props are known to break during flight.

Reactions: DronAirPro
I was flying this evening with my daughter and best friend when I saw something black fly off the drone and then it went shooting down really nuts. Got to it and half of the rear B prop was gone. I have been very diligent about inspecting for any weak looking stops before I install them and making sure they spin freely before take off. This was the end of about a 14 minute flight we were bringing it in to land. Broke the wires on the gimbal, busted the body up pretty good and broke off one leg. My best friend who was out there with me repairs electronics for a living and thinks he can fix the wires on the camera no problem. Everything else on it looks fine. Have to order a new body and new gimbal bumpers. And will definitely order carbon fiber props before flying again. Luckily it was this evening after I got home from vacation and it was over a field. No one got hurt and I think the drone is repairable.
I bought my q500 second hand. It had generic props. As I was landing the craft started wobbling about 15' above the ground. There was also a clacking noise. I found this after i landed. Replaced the props with factory.

Attachments

• Heart Burn.jpeg
    Heart Burn.jpeg
    827 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Steve Carr
I had the same problem last month I went carbon fiber no problem now after it crashed the camera broke now I have a 4 k on the q500 don't use cheap props this is the second time once on q 500 once on h480 but the h480 landed back on 5 blades

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbie56