Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop failure

Reaction score
Today was a beautiful day for flying. I wanted to get some good video of down town Saint Augustine. Family kept me at the house and I needed to discharge my charged batteries. I flew over the swamp behind my property for 10 minutes then I hovered close to the house. On battery 4 (my last one) at 61% charge I got a prop error on the ST 16. I quickly landed the h+. It was a little unstable some twisting and vibration on the way down. I could see a prop missing. I landed a little hard but I was impressed that I could control it with little effort. I lost a prop and the attaching hub in flight. The two screws backed out. I checked the other props and had a total of 4 loose screws. I have to call Yuneec CS and see if it’s covered in the warranty.
ef202c79dcfa06115239f7f93b9016fb.jpg
I will include some pics of my problem.

Well, this is clear evidence that these screws are something we need to keep an eye on. Thanks for the heads up and the confirmation that the 5-prop mode works as advertised.

Reactions: MarcoRivard
Those screws use red locktite and are somewhat difficult to remove without damaging the head. I am utterly amazed this happened. This is the 1st Typhoon Hex I have heard of loosing the adapter in flight. This is clearly a warranty issue.

You have to love the 5 motor mode! I will never send another camera in the air with a quad. Imagine the damage a quad would have suffered.

If you elect to replace the prop adapter and prop rather than wait for the warranty round-trip, be aware that even though the H and the H Plus adapters look identical, they are not. Either adapter will mount to either motor, but you cannot put an H Plus prop on a 480 adapter, however you can put a 480 prop on a Plus adapter, but it will be slightly loose.

Last edited:
Based on your experience SirJohn99 , I checked all rotor attachment hub securing screws. All tight. But, your experience points out the need to add checking these screws as a punch list item for regular maintenance.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Based on your experience SirJohn99 , I checked all rotor attachment hub securing screws. All tight. But, your experience points out the need to add checking these screws as a punch list item for regular maintenance.

I agree with you about adding them to my punch list. Now that I’ve checked all of my screws it will become part of my post flight check.

Checked my H Plus and found the screws loose on three hubs. Each one was about a full turn loose

Hi guys I am new can you take a picture of the screws you talking about and post them ! Thx

2.5mm for the ST16/ST16S

To be clear, I was talking about the metric hex size for the screws on the back of the ST16 controller.

Last edited:
Be sure to use a non permanent thread lock on the screws. It should help prevent future problems with backing out. The reason for non permanent is because the hubs do wear out over time and need replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech