Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop Replacement options

Several different prop guards I tried on different drones were easier to break than the props. They also appeared in my video.
I have seen a quad "walk" across the ground with carbon fiber props that were intact but must have put great stress on the motors and CF arms to the point of breaking. So decide what you want to be the end point of damage.

Reactions: Ralphy
Several different prop guards I tried on different drones were easier to break than the props. They also appeared in my video.
I have seen a quad "walk" across the ground with carbon fiber props that were intact but must have put great stress on the motors and CF arms to the point of breaking. So decide what you want to be the end point of damage.
I used prop guards on my first few flights with a drone a few years back but soon learned that they were more trouble than they were worth. My first crash just four flights in with that first drone was a direct result of having prop-guards fitted in that if I didn't have them fitted it would not have crashed.

I've only ever used prop guards once since, and I couldn't wait to get them off.

I think inertia is an issue to be considered as well, while the props on our computer-aided aircraft almost never keep the same rpm.
The heavier the props and/or prop adapters the shorter flight time.

These are the 9450 there is a seller in Orlando on ebay that sells them very well balanced. I paid about 25 bucks for all 6.

The metal adpaters and these blades got me 5 extra minutes of flight. With carbon fiber its alot louder.

20170331_105652.jpg

I too bought a set of 6 props with the quick fasteners included from a vendor in China for just $8.35. Having read a couple of horror stories about the dangers of cheap props on the forum I none the less tried the set out. Up to this point I have about 10 flights on these props with no incident. I do give them an extra going over before each flight and I ordered the props in the color red to avoid mixing them up with standard Yuneec props in case these have any preformance issues compared to the standard issue. I always fly with the full set on the craft if I choose to use them. I plan to order a 2nd set so I have spares should one be damaged.
Were did you order those from ive been looking for replacements for mine i have the same one's ive have had no issues with them.i want to order some more of them.
Thanks.

I got mine on Ali Express. I should mention that having had these a while I found the props A props are not well balanced. This is not a major problem as you simply take an emery board (the soft rubber one work best) and gently file the underside of the heavy blade until it balances I flew these corrected blades intensively for six months before replacing them. If you don't have a prop balancer, Ali sells these as well. The is blade B is fine. It is always worthwhile checking the balance on any new blades no matter where you get them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio