Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Propeller advice for the Q500

Reaction score
Well I knew that oak tree in the front yard was gonna reach out and snatch the q500 from mid air one of these days with all the taunting and flyby's I have done..... ?

So it's finally time to look for props. Yup, the Oak is mightier than the Q500. From a propeller standpoint.

Now obviously I could just order some new Yuneec props. But looking on Amazon shows a myriad of choices with different colors, carbon fiber makes, etc.

My flying is pretty sedate (No really, that **** Oak tree really did reach out and grab the quad.) so I am not looking for performance over and above stock. Well, maybe it would be nice to get a minute or 2 more with more efficient props but beyond that I am just looking for some well balanced props.

Anybody come up with something that they would recommend? If they are capable of shredding oak tree branches that would be a plus for my next flight near that quad-grabbing son of a gun..... ?

I tried some aftermarket props for my Q500 early on. Big mistake! They were so poorly made and so far out of balance I could not bring myself to even put them on. I came to the conclusion that cheap props were not worth the money -or the risk of hanging my expensive flying camera from them, and chalked it to experience.

Reactions: Riktar
Thanks for the reply.

And yes, I understand the pitfalls of using aftermarket and poorly made knock offs. I just figured that maybe someone out there has come across a supplier that produces a quality product.

Hey, you never know....

That's the point... your quality supplier is the OEM. To risk the cost of the entire aircraft, to save $20 - $30 on the single most important part to maintain flight... this is the kind of behavior that falls within the range of negligent use, if an injury were to occur, because of a failure.

Obviously, opinions will vary...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my