Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Props

Reaction score
Hey y'all, finally got some flight time and progressing with baby steps, never paid this much $$ for a camera before, much less one that flies.

My question, is the only difference between the 500+ and 4k (besides the obvious) color? I have been wanting to get another extra set of props and I'd like to use the black ones that the 4k comes with, been reading up on the carbon fiber variants available with reviews all over the place so I would rather stick with the oem props for now.

My baby steps involved a fence and a wall so I have 1 out of 3 sets still in good shape and would like to use the black props for a little more contrast.

Thanks for reading.

Ask you local dealer first might be a good start.
I've replaced a set of mine. My local dealer had none in stock.
If you look on Yaneec website for this parts, You will not find it, as you probably know already.
If you call them on the phone, .... they will hook you up.

Not sure where your located but every website I have been to has them in stock, all of them, just need to know if the props are the same between the two platforms. 500+ is white 4k is black.

Black Props will fit and work properly on your Q500+. All the Yuneec Props will interchange on all 3 of the flying platforms, the Q500, Q500+ and the Q500 Typhoon 4K. All three Q's are the same except for color.
The only difference between the three Q's are the Radios and the Cameras.
And, WELCOME to the Forum, Rnlcomp!

I did a google search on prop guards and it looks like ebay and others have them. Snap on style so they may not be the best. What about using 2 O-rings on each motor? Wonder if that might help secure the aftermarket props.

Decided to experiment and got a set of aero-naut props, I see now what you mean about them not seating, I was able to tighten them very snuggly using the supplied motor holder and sent her up, no issues at all and it's definitely more responsive to the stick.

Your experience with the blade popping off on shut down reminded me of what happens if I don't put a little Teflon tape on the threads of a sanding disk we use at work, it stays on fine when working but on shut down the **** thing would fly across the shop, a little Teflon tape stops that. I also snugged them on with double O-rings and I didn't like the way it felt. So I'll keep a roll of T tape in the box and apply when needed, it's really cheap and can be reused multiple times in our high speed sanding operations, so it should work perfectly for this application.

No I don't have them, thought I'd post a link incase you wanted them. Agree the angle is rather odd. Only time I could have used them was when I foolishly tried to fly inside. That's where my 1st set of props exploded.

Hi, I just received a set of aero-naut props yesterday, I see that they don't seat prop-erly :) Checked them out on you tube, no one mentioned the issue, with the exception of a video from Germany of a guy using the caps from the stock props to tighten them down. Too much work. I think I will just make sure their tight, and test in a field at low altitude, and do some maneuvers first and see if they stay tight. Wish me luck!

Hi, I just received a set of aero-naut props yesterday, I see that they don't seat prop-erly :) Checked them out on you tube, no one mentioned the issue, with the exception of a video from Germany of a guy using the caps from the stock props to tighten them down. Too much work. I think I will just make sure their tight, and test in a field at low altitude, and do some maneuvers first and see if they stay tight. Wish me luck!

Just sent mine up for the 3rd time today with no issues. Rate of climb and maneuverability is fantastic, almost to fast.:eek:

I just got back, sent them up 3 times (10 minute flights each battery break in.) It was more windy than my previous flights Like you said Rnlcomp . They did GREAT !!!. I just used the yuneec motor grabber, and made sure they were on tight--- no problem.

Reactions: Fleamac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval