Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Protect H camera from downdraft debris

R

Rayray

This is nothing new to you experienced copter flyers, but newbies may not be so aware.

Noticing the dirt, dust, etc. blowing up at take-off and landing (not much pavement around here) I bought a cheap rug, carpet, 4' by 5', from Amazon for about 10-12 bucks. Works great, light enough that carrying, putting in car, is easy.

That junk blowing up can get into the exposed camera card slot (wish they had a rubber protector over it similar to what the game cam folks have).

This is nothing new to you experienced copter flyers, but newbies may not be so aware.

Noticing the dirt, dust, etc. blowing up at take-off and landing (not much pavement around here) I bought a cheap rug, carpet, 4' by 5', from Amazon for about 10-12 bucks. Works great, light enough that carrying, putting in car, is easy.

That junk blowing up can get into the exposed camera card slot (wish they had a rubber protector over it similar to what the game cam folks have).

Wow never even thought of it! I have not taken off from anything but grass and concrete in the back yard i will have to come up with something portable as well great TIP!

Just buy a square piece of wood or plexiglass and put a rubber edge on it. or those rubber pieces people use in the bottom of the big tubs. Or just go to home depot, I sure you find something

Just buy a square piece of wood or plexiglass and put a rubber edge on it. or those rubber pieces people use in the bottom of the big tubs. Or just go to home depot, I sure you find something

I'm going with an used cardboard box , Boom done! Free, folds up flat, and small. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

A piece of electrical tape over the slot should be enough, shouldn't it?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval