Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Pulsing" video

Reaction score
Hi fellows,

Have you noticed the little jump in the video intensity every 1 second (when shooting 4k@30fps)?
Is there a technical explanation for that? After going through some forums I have noticed DJI has similar problems.
Usually, it is unnoticeable and can be clearly seen only in lumetri scope, but sometimes you can see it in the video also.

I see it and I have it as well on both my H and mavic pro. I'm not sure if it's a technical issue
or the result of the camera calculating exposure, exposure not being locked, etc.
I'd like to know as well.

I use locked exposure and WB every time. The issue is similar to this
When you open the file for example in Premiere, you can see how values jump in lumetri scope every 30 frames (1 second)

Reactions: Brent D
Video from SD card.
Here is an example.
YUN00047.mp4

The "pulsing" seen in this video is the direct result of using auto white balance with the camera moving through changing light conditions. The camera is self adjusting for the changing light conditions, and it was told to do by the user through camera settings. There is no problem with the camera, it's doing what it's supposed to do when running in an auto white balance mode. The real problem is the user does not understand his camera or photography in general.

The "pulsing" seen in this video is the direct result of using auto white balance with the camera moving through changing light conditions. The camera is self adjusting for the changing light conditions, and it was told to do by the user through camera settings. There is no problem with the camera, it's doing what it's supposed to do when running in an auto white balance mode. The real problem is the user does not understand his camera or photography in general.

No, it isn't. I use locked WB and fixed iso and shutter speed every time like I said in post #6. And whatever the WB setting is it does not create a constant pulse every 30 frames. If you open the file for example in Premiere and look at the lumetri scope, you can clearly see what is going on.

Here is another example. Look at the field after 0:00:40.
YUN00106.mp4

In file 047 the issue is occurring far more frequently than every 30 seconds. Note the slight change in exposure with each pulse. In file 0106 pretty much the same thing was happening as in 047. I do not have Premiere and won't download to review a couple of files.

Although it appears (lacking file info I can't tell for certain) white balance has been locked it is possible your camera is not fully making the lock. It's also possible the WB buttons are being bumped after you locked them and generating an unlocked setting. The only other explanations I can think of is a continuous error with exposure compensation or your computer is slow and trying to buffer the file. 4k-30 is a lot of data to process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval