Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Purchasing Yuneec H3

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I plan on buying a Yuneec H3 from Yuneec EU for delivery to Ireland. I haven’t been able to find many user reviews online but would people here recommend this drone? I am starting an aerial video/photo business and already have a Mavic 2 Pro.
Another question I have is regarding the charging of batteries. I will be purchasing 3 extra batteries along with the 2 included ones. Are these batteries smart like the DJI ones and will automatically discharge to a storage level? Also, I would be looking to be able to charge 5 batteries at once. What would I purchase to enable this?

thanks in advance!

Yuneec released the H3 in very limited numbers, so there is very little info or reviews to find. From all that we can see it's body is the same as the H Plus and 520 and the camera has very similar specs to the C23 and E90. Many of us have and still use the 520 and H Plus for business and they do the job as good or better than the M2P which I also have.

Regarding batteries; none of Yuneec's batteries have the self discharging feature which; to be honest is just a stop gap feature. Leaving LiPo or LiHv batteries fully charged for more than a day or two will begin to have negative effects. The H3 battery cell interface is different from all other Typhoons even though the batteries look the same. For this reason you will need to find charge leads or an appropriate charger to store and maintain your batteries.

There are many sticky threads discussing battery use and care as well as the type of charger that is needed in the other Typhoon H and 520 sections and I would urge you to read about those topics to become familiar with the subject.

Thanks @Ty Pilot , I hoped you would respond to this one. I would also suggest that @ciaranpaterson peruse the posts from those that own the H3 and have posted here on the forum. You can even message them in the Conversation (PM and its icon looks like an envelope). The one good thing is that you are in Europe where the Yuneec support is better that what we have in the USA at present.

Yuneec released the H3 in very limited numbers, so there is very little info or reviews to find. From all that we can see it's body is the same as the H Plus and 520 and the camera has very similar specs to the C23 and E90. Many of us have and still use the 520 and H Plus for business and they do the job as good or better than the M2P which I also have.

Regarding batteries; none of Yuneec's batteries have the self discharging feature which; to be honest is just a stop gap feature. Leaving LiPo or LiHv batteries fully charged for more than a day or two will begin to have negative effects. The H3 battery cell interface is different from all other Typhoons even though the batteries look the same. For this reason you will need to find charge leads or an appropriate charger to store and maintain your batteries.

There are many sticky threads discussing battery use and care as well as the type of charger that is needed in the other Typhoon H and 520 sections and I would urge you to read about those topics to become familiar with the subject.

It's nice to learn a little bit about this.
I still have my typhoon H 480.
I have not kept up with the newest the latest and the greatest.
Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430