Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q 500 distance

Till you lose connection! :D I just crack myself up.

I've had mine 2 weeks now and have been letting the 'line' out more and more with each flight. My max so far has been 400' up and 450' away from me. Didn't have any problems other than I was really nervous.

Stand by, I'm sure you'll get a more accurate response:)

"Control Transmission Distance/Range (Optimum Conditions) FCC Compliance: Up to 800m (2624.67 ft) CE Compliance: Up to 400m (1312.34 ft)

Video Transmission Distance/Range (Optimum Conditions) FCC Compliance: Up to 600m (1968.5 ft) CE Compliance: Up to 300m (984.252 ft)"

(From specs sheet from Yunnec)

By the way, FCC applies to the USA and CE applies to other countries

My Q500 4k ..climbing slowly up to 400' only to get above trees for a continuous line of sight from my angle, the max height I've been able to fly the Quad is to a horizontal distance to 3200 feet. Most of the time I get it out to 2300 to 2500 feet. 2300 to 2500 is about when the video cuts, and is the best time to turn around so you can have some battery gas to get back.. ..seems radio waves act differently from day-to-day.

Till you lose connection! :D I just crack myself up.

I've had mine 2 weeks now and have been letting the 'line' out more and more with each flight. My max so far has been 400' up and 450' away from me. Didn't have any problems other than I was really nervous.

Stand by, I'm sure you'll get a more accurate response:)
450'..... that's baby distance :)

I have to wonder how people fly their DJI's (including the new Mavic(?)) four miles or more. How do you control it at that range. No way you can see it. I have trouble seeing my Q500 at 1000' or so. Do the DJIs have return to home feature, I wonder?

With the new Law here in Canada you must keep your drone in the sights all time and no more then 500m from your remote control.......so goodbye wild 4-5-6 miles !!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval