Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K CGO3 - Getting the best shot

Reaction score
Hi
I am looking for advice on getting the best quality photos at dusk when the light is a bit lower.
yun00052.jpg

Shot included at dusk last night. Anyway to improve it?
Rgds
John

Unfortunately the CGO3 and 3+ don't do very well in low light, but if you put the camera in full manual mode, and control the ISO yourself it can do much better than auto. You can increase the ISO to let more light into the sensor, but of course that introduces noise, which kills detail, and gets made worse by any levels correction or grading you do. The Typhoon H has a Night Mode option in its settings, which can give better results I'm told, but I haven't tried it myself so far. Do you have that mode on the Q500 ?

Otherwise, apart from the manual settings tip, I'm afraid the best advice I can give you is 'go out earlier in the day' ! :/

Unfortunately the CGO3 and 3+ don't do very well in low light, but if you put the camera in full manual mode, and control the ISO yourself it can do much better than auto. You can increase the ISO to let more light into the sensor, but of course that introduces noise, which kills detail, and gets made worse by any levels correction or grading you do. The Typhoon H has a Night Mode option in its settings, which can give better results I'm told, but I haven't tried it myself so far. Do you have that mode on the Q500 ?

Otherwise, apart from the manual settings tip, I'm afraid the best advice I can give you is 'go out earlier in the day' ! :/

Thanks. There is a sunrise / sunset setting so Ill check out that with higher ISO
Rgds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones