Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K Does Bunny Hopping

Reaction score
I think it's time to sale a couple of quads. I haven't flown the Q500 for about almost a month now. Decided to take it out for some air time. Started the TX first then the Q. Everything looking normal on the TX with 14satellites. Was in the Smart mode good 30' away. Hit the red start button and it just started hopping up and down about a foot off the ground. Red & white lights were blinking on & off 3 times a beat. Tried it again with a different battery, same thing. Did not want to try taking off as I wasn't sure what was going to happen or where it might go. I have not done a compass calibration on it. I have flown this over a dozen times with no problems before. Could it be because I have not flown it for a while? Any answers much appreciated!

I think it's time to sale a couple of quads. I haven't flown the Q500 for about almost a month now. Decided to take it out for some air time. Started the TX first then the Q. Everything looking normal on the TX with 14satellites. Was in the Smart mode good 30' away. Hit the red start button and it just started hopping up and down about a foot off the ground. Red & white lights were blinking on & off 3 times a beat. Tried it again with a different battery, same thing. Did not want to try taking off as I wasn't sure what was going to happen or where it might go. I have not done a compass calibration on it. I have flown this over a dozen times with no problems before. Could it be because I have not flown it for a while? Any answers much appreciated!
I think it might be pissed off you have ignored her for so long, and spending more time with the new LOVES of your life! Called jealousy! LOL !
Really, have no clue, no reason for that behavior unless it does need calibration. Were you in a normal location, away from interference?

Hey R...you say 14 satellites...is that total or is that just on the controller or just on the Q?...did the date and time change on the controller?...by doing a compass calibration you have nothing to lose...the time without flying shouldn't be an issue...post how you make out...good luck!!

Red and light flashes are usually if I remember are gps loss and battery level,Yuneecs flash one or two and all depending on battery level,can't go into detail cause every sound I hear I think the fed-ex guys is here with my H!

Hey R...you say 14 satellites...is that total or is that just on the controller or just on the Q?...did the date and time change on the controller?...by doing a compass calibration you have nothing to lose...the time without flying shouldn't be an issue...post how you make out...good luck!!
The st10 has two sattelite links on screen,bottom left is sattelite so available,upper right top theirs a small icon that will show how many are really locked,you notice most of the time it's zero,and when you lift off a number will appear,that's what your locked on.not the high number shown on the left.

Were you in turtle,always lift off at full power,Rabbit mode,they will be sluggish in turtle,but turtle mode is best for camera control I noticed.

Reactions: biltno
I think it might be pissed off you have ignored her for so long, and spending more time with the new LOVES of your life! Called jealousy! LOL !
Really, have no clue, no reason for that behavior unless it does need calibration. Were you in a normal location, away from interference?
Well it wasn't jealousy but it probably was a little ticked off because I've been flying that P3P too much. Went back and looked at some videos on YouTube and found out I needed to do the accelerometer. She flies good now, we'll have to not neglect her.

Red and light flashes are usually if I remember are gps loss and battery level,Yuneecs flash one or two and all depending on battery level,can't go into detail cause every sound I hear I think the fed-ex guys is here with my H!
It's here Humbee, wake up, you missed the door bell and now you have to wait till Monday! LOL !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop