Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K RC Antenna

Reaction score
Anyone here move the RC antennas outside the Q’s body ?? Is there a mod for this ?? Does it help extend signal ??

The antennas inside the Q are for telemetry and control signal. Those are rarely a problem. The video signal is the most troublesome and the antenna is located inside the camera.

Already installed the video link outside antenna/Itelite setup. Was just curious if there were any other improvements. Thanks Steve.

I wouldn't mess the the antenna's on the ST10 unless you have a problem with the telemetry or control dropping out.

I messed with the antenna's on my ST10+ controller by installing the Itelite Range extender. The best thing I ever did to my YUNEEC Q500 4K set up!

Reactions: 5prock3t
I would totally recommend the Itelite antenna upgrade. Made me feel like my Q500 was now a real camera drone platform that I could rely on. Before the mod I was very disappointed in the birds range and video feed. But now it is solid! Also Carolina drones external 5.8GHz camera gimbal upgrade kit made things even better. But I have not even wanted or needed to upgrade the internal 2.4GHz antenna's. My Q500 transmits telemetry long after I lose visual sighting of it. After I lose my video I can not set up shots anyway. So no need to fly so far. I have flown my Drone to it's battery limits, and just barely made it back to base. So if you want to fly farther then your battery will last...well that will just be a bad Idea in my opinion.

Anyone here move the RC antennas outside the Q’s body ?? Is there a mod for this ?? Does it help extend signal ??

I did this to my Q500 4k (see picture) and I got much more reliable link and clear video even at long distances. Have not yet modified ST10+ transmitter. Posted more details on the "other" Yuneec forum.149861498714985

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio