Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K Yaw Problem

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm from Aberdeen, Scotland and new to this forum. I need help solving a problem with my Q500 4K I experienced yesterday when flying. When flying or hover and trying to yaw right above 2 mts agl it was very very slow pace and wouldn't yaw left - drop height to 500 mm of landing pad and normality was regained All other stick movement / demands responded in tortoise or hare mode up to maximum legal height 400 ft. Would much appreciate any guidance on this one ! Thank you

am from down outside glasgow ok 1st thing I will ask have u done the calibration correct before your flight

Ok get a can of compressed air and spray it while moving the stick back and forth try that or go to settings and hardware monitor and check the stick is not sticking instead of fully going back central

Hey Thomas 111, applied your advice and passed test flight this afternoon.
Many thanks once more.

will try that when I get home. Let you know later & and many thanks again.
Compressed air is unlikely to penetrate inside the potentiometer housing. Positive results after an air cleaning are more likely the result of simply moving the sticks aggressively. In such cases, the problem is likely to recur.
The only method I have seen that appears to provide longer lasting results is the use of Electrical Contact Cleaner. The sticks in the ST10 and the ST16 are identical. You should always check any stick problems using Hardware Monitor to verify the sticks move full scale, return to exactly zero and are smooth when moved slowly.

Watch this video beginning at 2:20 minutes:

I had the same problem and I cleaned the two sticks with electrical contact cleaner
Works like brand new

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig