Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K yaw problems

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with yaw on the q500, left and right turns really slow. I go in and reset it and it’s fine. Next time I fly it does it again

I go in and reset it and it’s fine. Next time I fly it does it again.

It's important to understand what you mean by "go in and reset".

If you mean going into the Hardware Monitor, it indicates the need for a new joy stick (or maybe some plastic safe contact cleaner sprayed into the pot while cycling the stick.

However, if you mean you are going into the FC calibration to reset it, then that's bad. FC calibration won't work for oxidized, contaminated or worn joy sticks. (It works for an immediate "Fix", but just keeps coming back.) You need to address the real problem, starting with using hardware monitor. And that will be confusing, because FC calibration is really off now, making it hard to tell what is real and what is bad calibration.

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
I had the identical problem and had to clean it
I have been storing my st-10 and st-16 in zip lock bags for a while now.
Ever since, I haven’t had to clean them. It probably isn’t a total cure for the problem but it helps keep the dust out

Just had a couple of flights with a Typhoon G, on the first flight the yaw turn to the left stop at some point. On the second flight tried again the left yaw but this time instead keeping the stick all the way to left I did it moving the stick 2 or 3 times and I could get 360º turn.
Seems to be the sticks need to be cleaned from time to time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz