Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

q500 4k

Reaction score
I bought this q 500 i think i fied all the problems but one when i boot up the drone and the s/w is on smart mode the green lite flashes like it is supposed-to and angle mode is purple and return to home is red all normal

except when in smart mode the green light is solid and keeps beeping and beeping when put in angle mode it is ok i have not tryed to fly it not even sure if it will take off everything seems fine need help does one know what this problem is thanks in advance ( ps i hooked up the gui everything is ok )

corey

You may be too close to the aircraft when you have the mode switch in “Smart” mode. Move so you are about 30 feet away and see if the beeping stops.

Speaking of Smart Mode, be sure to download the User Manual and make sure you understand how the Smart Circle affects the flight of the aircraft. This safety zone is an area the aircraft avoids and it can cause unexpected direction changes to the flight path.

I suggest you start by flying in Angle mode with the camera removed from the aircraft. Start in a large open area and get used to takeoffs, landings, and basic flight maneuvers before adding the camera back to the mix.

Links to manuals and other important information can be found in the sticky threads in the Q500 forums.

Reactions: Steve Carr
WELL I HAVE 3 Q500S NONE OF THEM DO THIS ACCEPT THIS ONE LIKE I SAID IF YOU SW BACK TO ANGLE MODE NO BEEPING JUST IN SMART MODE ILL TRY IT TOMORROW AND SEE IF THE WILLSTOP BEEPING IF I WALK 200 FEET AWAY I DONT HERE IT JUST KIDDIND THANKS FOR THE ADVISE COREY

Shift key defect?
Rapidly beeping in Smart mode means roll/pitch stick is not centered. Move stick fast in all directions to clean the potis.
I this will not help, calibrate the ST16 by hidden menu. How to do this you will find in "way to fix drones" project attachment 34:

br HE

Shift key defect?
Rapidly beeping in Smart mode means roll/pitch stick is not centered. Move stick fast in all directions to clean the potis.
I this will not help, calibrate the ST16 by hidden menu. How to do this you will find in "way to fix drones" project attachment 34:

br HE
That was my initial thought too, but it was stated the beeping is not present when in Angle mode. To the best of my knowledge if the stick is not centered, the beeping will be present in both Smart and Angle modes. Of course it still s good idea to do as you suggest to rule out that possibility.

THIS IS NOT A ST 16 IT IS A ST 10+ WILL THIS STILL WORK FOR THE SAME FIX

I just checked the link to the Way to Fix Drones link provided by @h-elsner in his post and Attachment 34 is for the ST10/10+. If you have a different version of that document just look for the Control Board Calibration for the ST10/10+.

As @johnnyb57 stated above, there is no need to shout. We are owners just like you and will assist the best we can. We are not Yuneec Customer Support.

Reactions: johnnyb57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval