Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 batteries dead after sitting for 2 months

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I picked up a Q 500 drone a couple months back with a venom Q500 power station charger and two batteries. One of the batteries is a 5400 MAH Yuneec power 3 and the other is a power extra 6300 MAH Lipo. I tested the charger and fully charged the batteries, everything looked fine. But then like a fool I let them set for the past 60 days, and when I tested them again yesterday they wouldn’t charge. I let them sit on the charger for about 15 minutes but nothing happened. I watched a video where a guy talked about reviving his Lipo battery with a Nimh trickle charger, but I don’t have one and don’t know what I’m doing. Is there anybody I can take these to? Should I leave them on the charger longer? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NEVER leave a Lipo battery ON a charger.
1) Are the batteries totally dead?
2) Can you measure the battery voltage and post it?
3) Does the charger just not charge, or is it saying the batteries are full?

Maybe I wasn’t clear, the batteries and charger were packed away in a storage bin, they weren’t actually plugged in on the charger the whole time. I don’t know if the batteries are totally dead, all I know is that the charger doesn’t display a charge level when I plugged them in for 15m or so. Sorry, I don’t have a voltmeter to measure the battery voltage. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook