Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 freak out?!

Reaction score
My wife and I were driving beside a stream when we came across a waterfall approximately 1000’ back off the rode. Since I had my q500 with me I hopped out and went to filming. I flew back almost eye level with myself about 400’ towards the waterfall. I had about a 100-150’ opening to go through between trees back towards the waterfall. I started to back out because I felt that the wind off the waterfall was messing with the drone to much. I backed about 50’ when it went nuts. Started bouncing up and down. Flew a little further away from me. A little to the right. Then zoomed off the the left out of sight into the trees. I quickly flipped it to smart mode and turtle speed and pushed hard down the the right. And it popped back out and hovered almost exactly where it started to freak out. At that point everything calmed down and it went back to flying like it has before. I have only flown about 7 batteries through it but have not had anything near this happen before. And my uncle who I bought it from hasn’t either. He said possibly someone with a drone jammer drove by. But I was wondering if anyone else had had this happen.

Have not seen that behavior but it could be related to the trees or water affecting the GPS signal. It might have been better to fly higher over the trees and then descend closer to the falls.
At the first sign of odd behavior it's better to climb max throttle to get above everything. Then use "Home" to bring it back.

He said possibly someone with a drone jammer drove by.

That seems unlikely. Not only are those things prohibitively expensive to the point that Joe Public doesn't really have them yet, they also require setting up, and aiming fairly specifically in the direction of the craft, something that would be difficult to maintain from a moving vehicle. I would have to guess this was something else.

In order to find out what, we'll be needing to look at your telemetry for that flight. Could you retrieve and upload it here ?

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements