Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500

Reaction score
Oh well I got my brand new Q500 4K from pc world only on the 30th of December after saving birthday & Christmas money up & also had to put more to it to be able to buy it as I am into photography & I wanted to start getting some aerial shots I was buzzing when I got it I flew it a couple of times on a field where it was wide open & no obstructions so I could get used to the controls anyway after paying £698 for it I took it to a site where it was wide open again & also a couple of our heritage buildings that I was going to take photos of I got it all set up & went through all the pre flight checks started it up took it off I was just waiting for the camera to initialise while it was hovering above me with that it just came down & crashed all I can think of is the battery compartment can't of been shut properly through that little wire that is inside the compartment & the battery has slipped out resulting in the body snapping on 1 arm the propellers breaking up the gimbal snapping off wires & everything & also the battery compartment door breaking but not off so I have had to get in touch with yuneec to see what I have to do with it being under warranty so they have told me to take it back to pc world & they will look after me SO SEE WHAT HAPPENS ??? HAS ANYBODY HAD A CRASH & HAD TO SEND IT BACK JUST SO I KNOW WHERE I STAND

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

You probably didn't have the Punctuation enabled.
lol

Seriously though, sux that your drone fell out the sky like that, but the battery door being open can't have been the reason by itself. If the door did not close, the battery wasn't all the way in. If the battery wasn't all the way in, then it would fall out.

@DrNewcenstein is correct. The battery has to be inserted fully before the door will latch. The first few times the battery will feel pretty tight when you slide it in. Also make certain those wires inside are pushed back out of the way. There should be a piece of Velcro on the inside at the upper right to secure the wire in place.

Do as you Yuneec suggested and see if they will exchange it. If they will not, then send me a message.

@DrNewcenstein is correct. The battery has to be inserted fully before the door will latch. The first few times the battery will feel pretty tight when you slide it in. Also make certain those wires inside are pushed back out of the way. There should be a piece of Velcro on the inside at the upper right to secure the wire in place.

Do as you Yuneec suggested and see if they will exchange it. If they will not, then send me a message.

Ok steve on a video I was watching it showed you 2 wires inside the battery compartment but I can only find 1 & it showed you him pulling them apart to update he's firmware then he put them both back together

Ok steve on a video I was watching it showed you 2 wires inside the battery compartment but I can only find 1 & it showed you him pulling them apart to update he's firmware then he put them both back together
In later production models they modified the wires so it is no longer necessary to disconnect the the wires. Your model has a jumper which extends to the back of the battery compartment. You can use that cable to connect directly to the USB port on your computer and then use the GUI to test the Q.

Reactions: greatbear1968

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder