Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question for those with H Plus Battery Expertise

Buddy Collins

Buddy Collins
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I purchased a used H Plus that came with 3 original Yunnec Batteries. 2 of them have 0% percent charge and of course with the Stock Charger, all I get is the beeping Blue Light..(error).
Has anyone figured out if these can be brought back to life? Thanks for any help you can give..

Not sure you can bring them back to life but for sure you would need a charge lead that would allow you to connect those batteries to an aftermarket charger that can read individual cells and balance charge. But my initial thoughts are unfortunately, that they will likely not come back into any condition that I would trust when flying.

You can connect the main leads from the battery to a voltage source such as a 24 volt trickle charger for a few hours. Do it outside in case something goes wrong.

However, once a lipo has been drained it is permanently damaged. The internal resistance will likely be very high.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
You can connect the main leads from the battery to a voltage source such as a 24 volt trickle charger for a few hours. Do it outside in case something goes wrong.

However, once a lipo has been drained it is permanently damaged. The internal resistance will likely be very high.
Appreciate the info.

Agree. On aftermarket chargers can be used Ni-CD program.
From my experience, when a Li-po drains under 3V per cell, it's dead, or at least unreliable for flight.
I wish not risk my bird for an unsafe battery...
In any case, these batteries can be good for other use, i.e. on lanterns for night fishing or something like that.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Appreciate the info.
Unfortunately the LiPo batteries need to be treated much differently than, for instance charging a cordless drill.
With my drill I charge it up to full and leave it full all the time. I want it full and ready because when I go to use it I want to start with a full charge.
The chargers they give us with our drones encourages is to do the same thing. When you finish flying you will want to charge the battery up to full before putting it away. That way the next time you go to fly, you start it with a full battery. Don't do this.
Unfortunately, sitting with a full battery will ruin it. Before storing your drone you need to discharge the battery to storage voltage. Storage voltage is between full and low.
You also never want to store the battery with a low charge. So to make your batteries last you need to charge or discharge your battery to the recommended storage voltage. The chargers included with the drone do not have this option for storage voltage charging. I think they want us to ruin our batteries so we will have to buy more.
I wish they developed a battery that could be stored with a full charge. I would fly allot more if I didn't need to prepare the batteries each time before I used them. And there are those times when I charge up the batteries the night before and the next day I can't fly so I end up discharging them again for storage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval