Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Railways and drones uk

Reaction score
an news article yesterday and network rails statement regarding the law
drone spotted
network rail and the law

interested in some comments on this regarding network rails law especially from uk members

i am going to try and get some pics of the Flying Scotsman tomorrow ( with in the law ) just scouting where i can take off from

an news article yesterday and network rails statement regarding the law
drone spotted
network rail and the law

interested in some comments on this regarding network rails law especially from uk members

i am going to try and get some pics of the Flying Scotsman tomorrow ( with in the law ) just scouting where i can take off from
I tend to stay away from rail lines. I do like to take some shots of bridges and such like, but from a stand-off position...certainly more than 50m away.

I think most would pick a rural area to film a steam train on the mainline, so little chance of hitting a member of staff, if the drone collided with the train there would be little left of it especially if it collided with the carriages, it's a bit different someone dropping concrete blocks from a bridge, I do find the bit about leaving to experts amusing, the drone can still go wrong no matter how experienced they are, I've no interest personally flying near network rail sites.

was hoping for a little more especially on the news item / drone spotted my wife was there and there was 2 drones flying near her this was over 3 miles from Swanage station and a mile from any other station in a field with nobody near them at all flying more than 50 meters away from the train
just love it how they dont say if there was any laws broken or not

i could not find a spot to fly in that i felt comfortable with for a good shot so i stood on the road with a camera

was hoping for a little more especially on the news item / drone spotted my wife was there and there was 2 drones flying near her this was over 3 miles from Swanage station and a mile from any other station in a field with nobody near them at all flying more than 50 meters away from the train
just love it how they dont say if there was any laws broken or not

i could not find a spot to fly in that i felt comfortable with for a good shot so i stood on the road with a camera
View attachment 15654View attachment 15655
That's a private railway, not mainline, you would think different rules apply, what's network rail have to do with it? Surprised you cannot obtain permission, certainly from the preserved railway near me, like you say keep to a safe distance.

That's a private railway, not mainline, you would think different rules apply, what's network rail have to do with it? Surprised you cannot obtain permission, certainly from the preserved railway near me, like you say keep to a safe distance.
i will get 1 with my drone another day there was too much interest with the Flying Scotsman

i will get 1 with my drone another day there was too much interest with the Flying Scotsman
It's coming along my way sometime, I was thinking of taking some footage, my company owns three large fields which are adjacent along the railway line, easy enough to stay safe distance and follow for about 300m or 400m, fields are longer than that, but stay visually.

Reactions: thetrecker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22